• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

The last week has been fucking depressing. I’m planning to go to Australia next year to watch the ashes and probably spend some time in NZ as well.

The events of the last week are really making me want to a) accelerate those plans and b) probably not come back.
Well, if you want to escape racism, when you get to Australia keep going...

The last week has been fucking depressing. I’m planning to go to Australia next year to watch the ashes and probably spend some time in NZ as well.

The events of the last week are really making me want to a) accelerate those plans and b) probably not come back.
Flat mates with Paddy?

But if I’m going to be surrounded by racists, then at least I can enjoy the weather and nice beaches.

Representatives of a Mosque near where the Birmingham pub was targeted have visited, apologised and offered to pay for the damages. There are more good people than bad people.
Yep, there are arseholes in every society in every country in the world but as you say there are always more good people everywhere.
I'm not surprised though that people are feeling a bit brittle about the UK given recent events.

I don't think that the policeman came accoss very well in that interview. .Probably orders from higher on up and just following the line, He downplayed a racist attack in my opinion and because many had arms, it could have ended up a lot worse.

Last edited:
Looking at the stuff he tweets, I think Chris Rose may have confirmation bias...

Looking at the stuff he tweets, I think Chris Rose may have confirmation bias...
Yes, I agree, but from what the policeman said, it goes someway to explaining why we are seeing big groups of Muslims running around city centres with no police in the vicinity.
There is also the video out there of another policeman telling a big group of Muslims to leave their weapons in the Mosque, which doesn't look good at all, as carrying arms is ilegal. You can't have different rules for different people and as there have been at least 4 racist attacks against white people, by big groups of masqued up Muslims, with no police in the vicinity, you would hope that questions are asked so rules of engagement are changed.
I am all for locking T/R up and the rightvwing press have been stirring this up for years, but it is hard to deny that two tier policing is going on, which shouldn't be the case.

Last edited:
I'm sure I read something in History about a group of people who loved destroying books and libraries. Sometime in the 1930s I think.

Can someone remind me who that was??

Massively so, fucking idiots destroying their own surroundings. There is no excuse for that, but often in riots people destroy their own amenities. It happened in the Brixton riots and the Toxeth riots.
What usually happens in these situations, is people in power look at what the grievances and why people are doing what they are doing and try to reason with the majority of people about why their behaviour is out of order and in the end the government's pump in a lot of money in to the areas, as they are usually impoverished areas. Just coming out and saying to a big proportion of the population that you are from the hard right, in my opinion has only made things worse. There are many hard right wing people and twitter and other platforms have been spreading misinformation, but the government statements and the different rules of police engagement are not helping the situation in my opinion.
The idea is to stop the riots and not make them worse.

Last edited:
Massively so, fucking retards destroying their own surroundings. There is no excuse for that, but often in riots people destroy their own amenities. It happened in the Brixton riots and the Toxeth riots.
What usually happens in these situations, is people in power look at what the grievances and why people are doing what they are doing and try to reason with the majority of people about why their behaviour is out of order and in the end the government's pump in a lot of money in to the areas, as they are usually impoverished areas. Just coming out and saying to a big proportion of the population that you are from the hard right, in my opinion has only made things worse. There are many hard right wing people and twitter and other platforms have been spreading misinformation, but the government statements and the different rules of police engagement are not helping the situation in my opinion.
The idea is to stop the riots and not make them worse.
Are you concerned about immigration and Muslims taking over England?

Do you think Farage is a man of the people?

Are you concerned about immigration and Muslims taking over England?

Do you think Farage is a man of the people?

No of course not, but I am concerned about someone getting killed and this getting a whole lot worse. I am against all violence and racism, as soon as you accept one side being racist, the argument for not being racist disappears in my point of view.

Shouldn't police resources be deployed in response to potential threat rather than to try and appease? By all accounts, the pro-Palestinian protests in London were over-policed (largely at the behest of the government) and despite millions turning up only a handful of arrests were made. Compare this to the violence that has been attached to right wing "protests" and it would seem to be there is a greater potential threat from those groups and with resources stretched the police have to make operational decisions...and sometimes those decisions will prove to be wrong.

No TSB, obviously police commissioners should ignore their internal risk assessments and community policing advice and instead trawl social media for the ‘twotier’ hashtag and deploy their limited resource based upon what those reasoned posters suggest. or appoint elon musk for his policing expertise.

Back