• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

Not sure that it is worth posting on these threads at the moment - need to go on the 'Things I am sad about' one instead.

If we cannot stop the goals against then, whatever we do up front, we are possibly fucked this season. As said before league 1 was fun once - do not want to make it twice in the recent era

That face...he looks a haunted, beaten man

Thoroughly depressing anger has now turned to serious worry about whether we stay up, really can't be arsed with a relegation battle.
Haven't been today but listened to the commentary which was painful enough. The defensive unit are a shambles as I've said before DB is not the player he likes to think he is and isn't a leader.
Leadership and charachter very cliche words but something with absolutely none of throughout this squad. We are a soft touch and buckle at knees as soon as we concede.
The playing staff are an average bunch who should be about 10/11th and shouldn't be being dragged into a relegation battle.
The errors being made at the back are so basic and any coach of his worth should be able to eradicate by going back to basics.
I understand KJ is working with limited resources and has been let down heavily by the current situation at the club, but he should be getting so much more out of this group.

Agree. There's talent out there, we just need to find the right man. The problem is that we're relying on Kevin Thelwell and Jez Moxey to find him.

Those two couldnt recruit the right person in a straight race between Daren and Alex Ferguson if this seasons recruitment is anything to go by

His reasoning for starting Doherty is absurd.

He wanted a bigger more physical back 4... To cope with the aerial threat of Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Lucas João and Barry fucking Bannan no doubt. What the actual fuck is wrong with him?

This isn't the first time he's said this or similar. He's showing him up as a pretty poor manager. First season, anyone could have won. Second season i saw as failure, I thought the play offs were more than achievable all season, whilst people were stating they wanted to consolidate?? It's the fucking championship FFS [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85].

This season is a disaster.

Yes it comes across slightly reactionary, but I definitely thought we should have done better last year, and the first season wasn't exactly a miracle.

This isn't the first time he's said this or similar. He's showing him up as a pretty poor manager. First season, anyone could have won. Second season i saw as failure, I thought the play offs were more than achievable all season, whilst people were stating they wanted to consolidate?? It's the fucking championship FFS [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85].

Yes it comes across slightly reactionary, but I definitely thought we should have done better last year, and the first season wasn't exactly a miracle.

Disagree about the first season and I'm not sure I like the revisionism among some supporters, who were head over heels with KJ at the time, now discounting his achievements in that season (not saying you're one of them).

Agree 100% about the second season.

This season has been a complete clusterfuck.

It's not reactionary though is it, people have been saying this all along. I know some disagree with it but i really don't see how.

the players have it too easy. turn up, do a bit of traing, have a laugh. play a match. lose - go home, have a laugh.
All this time picking up relatively big money for the end product they produce.
nobody rolling their sleeves up and giving their team mates a rollicking etc.
go back to when you earned your money with wins, not defeats.

First season was good - what we needed, second was fine, normally 78 points would get you comfortably into the playoffs & then who knows - this season has fallen apart .

No doubt various reasons, but we should not let it continue to slide & trust that there will be 3 worse teams to keep us in this divsion

We have had some really shocking performances this season where players looked all at see or away with the fairies and the manager lacked a plan B or the nous to change it. His constant use of Edwards as a number 10 is folly despite Edwards running and effort. He may as well have played Ikeme there. A short summary of events this season shows-

We remain the only club beaten by Bolton this season

We have gifted 10 goals to QPR Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday none of whom are in the play off places or prolific scorers.

We failed to beat a 9 man Preston and an awful MK Dons

We failed to turn up at Cardiff and Bristol City as a collective unit

We have only 2 home wins all season.

We sold a championship defender ( with limitations) and failed to replace him

We signed Chubby Holt and failed to play him

We spent 2m on a midfielder who cant get a game

We play a winger at number 10, a right back at left back etc etc.

Mid term report D

Lack of competition in the squad isn't helping either DB especially knows he's pretty much guranteed a start every match.
The system used with players available clearly is flawed.
The saving grace might just be that 3/4 others this season are so piss poor, more than us.

I have been out today, and I really did not expect that scoreline. We need to start picking up points quickly if we are to have any chance of making the play offs.

Scenario 1 - Nicole Kidman invites me to Paris for the weekend. covers herself in chocolate sauce and days "Go ahead, baby, lick it off."
Scenario 2 - Wolves make the play-offs

I'm sorry, Frank, but #1 is about 100x more likely to happen

Just seen the highlights from today's game, our defending is shocking.

Scenario 1 - Nicole Kidman invites me to Paris for the weekend. covers herself in chocolate sauce and days "Go ahead, baby, lick it off."
Scenario 2 - Wolves make the play-offs

I'm sorry, Frank, but #1 is about 100x more likely to happen

Would say that the odds on either of those are pretty long!

Back