• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict thread

Totally expected once the team sheet was in - a Right back at Left back, a Winger in Attacking Centre Midfield - what does it take to know where players should play? Depressing listening. Wish I hadn't bothered. Don't think I'll be seeking out a pub showing the games on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

Actually quite pleased that Sky have fucked up our matches so that I am not able to come up over the Christmas period (could do the Charlton game, but its a bit of a rush and not even sure that we can get anything from that one now despite the position/form they are in).

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Wolves 1 - a poor attempt at playing football verdict...

I expected nothing but turmoil the day Morgan announced he was selling.

I don't see any point sacking Jackett, simply because I think we'd struggle to attract anyone of talent.

However, I more than understand why he's effectively lost the fans now.

eccfeae582cdfaf24c08daa0198a10cb.jpg

Byrne & Graham sounded OK & Henry in the hole was not an experiment too far - but if the defence is that disorganised it really won't matter who we play up front.

Could have had Neymar, Messi & Suarez there today & we would still have lost

Williamson was not the greatest defender in the world (or even in the Championship) but he at least got us in the right shape to deal with things

I expected nothing but turmoil the day Morgan announced he was selling.

I don't see any point sacking Jackett, simply because I think we'd struggle to attract anyone of talent.

However, I more than understand why he's effectively lost the fans now.

It's a terrible argument and makes no sense

This is how the Sheffield Evening Mail covered the game. It reads like Fred karno's circus.

Tweets
leon wobschall

FT Owls 4 Wolves 1. Hosts back on track, aided by some atrocious defending from the visitors. Timely boost for #swfc

Jackett may be going out with the turkeys at this rate. Woeful defensive show #swfc

Hooper coolly nets after being slipped in by Nuhiu. More shocking Wolves defending.

Owls sub, Nuhiu for Forestieri, who is afforded the warmest of ovations 3-1, 84 gone.

Forestieri spurns another chance after Wolves get the charity box out, fires over.

Forestieri fires over from a tight angle - he's fancying the match ball here 3-1 #swfc

Almost the polish for the Owls. Forestieri chip floats just over, with Wolves again at sixes and sevens at the back 3-1.

Majestic sweet strike from Pudil after Bannan's cross half-cleared. Postage stamp, straight into top corner with left peg 3-1 #yplive #swfc

The real problem is at the back.

Cannot understand the change - Stearman is the only absentee from last year (& I wouldn't put him as the best defender in this league) yet it now looks as if Kenny is just picking 4 fans out of the South Bank each week.

Have to question what training, if any is actually being done.

I hope KJ resigns rather then get the sack, appreciate greatly what he's done up to this season. Having said that it seems to me our main problem this season has been central defence, apart from when Williamson was here we have been appalling, any 2 from Eel, Baath and Hause are just too inexperienced or lacking in leadership/organizational qualities, Stearman may have had his faults but it seems we could really do with him now. I think any of the three youngsters have potential but together they are a bombscare.
I don't class Batth as a youngster any more - by my reckoning he must be about 25 yrs old and should be reaching his peak - he's passed the youngster with potential stage so he's either good enough or he's not! I don't see enough of him to make a reasoned decision.

Hopefully this latest capitulation is enough to dispel any thoughts that we can sit it out until a new owner is found, with no real threat of relegation.
We are deep in the shit my friends and Jackett needs to be gone ASAP. We are sleepwalking back into League 1.

We are sleepwalking back into League 1.

The one season was fun, but only because we got out first time - really do not want to go back.

It has been said there are enough other poor championship teams to mean we will not go down, but really don't want that to be the reason (& no guarantee that some of them won't improve sufficiently to put us in the shit).

Worried of Dorset!!

Hopefully this latest capitulation is enough to dispel any thoughts that we can sit it out until a new owner is found, with no real threat of relegation.
We are deep in the $#@! my friends and Jackett needs to be gone ASAP. We are sleepwalking back into League 1.

Agree. the club seems to have sleepwalked into and through the whole season tbh. again perhaps overconfidence in a squad instead of proper thought on how to improve it.

will the club take the plunge and even then what's the replacement.

Right back at ya [emoji106]

Explain to me how I'm wrong? My side of the argument has been explained before.

Why is it we will not be able to get a better alternative?

Do you think it's impossible for KJ to take us to L1? (You must think it is, but it certainly isn't!)

It's a complete fallacy that we can't get a new manager because we're up for sale. We were for sale for 12 years under Sir Jack and managed to get through a few managers

Explain to me how I'm wrong? My side of the argument has been explained before.

Why is it we will not be able to get a better alternative?

Do you think it's impossible for KJ to take us to L1? (You must think it is, but it certainly isn't!)

I don't know if you're wrong, I simply disagree with your opinion.

Back