• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United bulid up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, and have a go at me if you want, but clearly this team is nowhere near as good as we think it is.

No, not going to have a go. There is plenty of talent there. Not much brains or execution tonight. It happens

Sorry, and have a go at me if you want, but clearly this team is nowhere near as good as we think it is.

Can I make a suggestion Frank? Go and watch wolves play, only then will you appreciate how wolves on and off the ball play and tactics have improved.

25,893 att.
around 2,200 from Wolves.
Some shocking passes here at the moment.

We are allowed to lose games.
3-4 points from the next 2 games and I'll be happy.

Can I make a suggestion Frank? Go and watch it wolves play, only then will you appreciate how wolves on and off the ball play and tactics have improved.

Its light years away from last year and I have seen them live this season.

And they have been. But to come out with the shite "Frank" just did is bollocks.

No but 5 goals from set pieces conceded should have coaches asking questions

This as already been discussed. I've agreed that we have a problem defending set pieces. However we are 4th in the league ffs. Our football is at a completely different level to anything we've seen over the last few years. To suggest this team "is nowhere near as good as we think" is way off the mark.

It's plenty good enough, and will win the league. It's not good enough yet to play away from home at a top six side with ten men for 75 minutes. It's a bad night in a good season.

Clarkes made 3 fouls now - spoken on each occassion by ref but not booked !!

Eh, we shouldn't be that vulnerable once one player goes off, especially one whose job is to make the kinds of last-ditch tackles that, statistically, are likely to result in a red card or two a season. (This one was completely needless, mind.)

We've all been worried about whether Nuno has a backup plan in case things go badly wrong, and we've also been worried about our vulnerability to set pieces and crosses, and both of those worries have been confirmed tonight. Not panic stations at all, but definitely a needed check on our momentum that lets us know where we need to improve.

Agreed. The worrying thing is that there is no plan B. And why can't we defend set pieces?

Its light years away from last year and I have seen them live this season.

Yep, but it's very difficult to appreciate the formation, tactics and style without watching on multi camera tv or in person

Ref's been OK today I think, for what it's worth. Only noticeably bad decision was awarding us that incredibly soft penalty for... something? Still not sure what.

Tbf, nuno clearly had a plan for it because it was executed immediately. It just didn't work

This as already been discussed. I've agreed that we have a problem defending set pieces. However we are 4th in the league ffs. Our football is at a completely different level to anything we've seen over the last few years. To suggest this team "is nowhere near as good as we think" is way off the mark.

Yep. But to ignore the obvious that we appear to be vulnerable at set pieces is a mistake

Yep, but it's very difficult to appreciate the formation, tactics and style without watching on multi camera tv or in person

Totally. I needed to be up in the gods to see the oiff the ball movement, and I include Mr gloves in that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back