• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United bulid up

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game doesn't win/lose a season.

We need to ensure we bounce back with a convincing win at the weekend.

Especially against a team that actually looks quite good. Say what you want about Leon's history at this level, he's doing a good job this season and this season is all that matters to the table.

Don't get to high with a win or to down with a loss. 10 games 4th place still one win from top spot.
Just a miserable night of sport tonight think I'll listen to classic FM on my way to work tomorrow morning.

I would say that acting quickly in such a situation belies having planned for it ahead of time. I'm not arguing that it was an effective solution.
Personally think it's a lot more of a reactionary 'lost a defender, get another one on ASAP'. Seemed like he threw Saiss in there immediately to restore the back three, Plan A, without thinking of the bigger picture, lack of balance further forward and restricted options through the rest of the game.

One game doesn't make a season.

I really want a reaction against Burton though

Personally think it's a lot more of a reactionary 'lost a defender, get another one on ASAP'. Seemed like he threw Saiss in there immediately to restore the back three, Plan A, without thinking of the bigger picture, lack of balance further forward and restricted options through the rest of the game.

I think I agree with this tbh. We definitely haven't played like a team who knew the plan if we had to play with ten men

It's really embarrassing behaviour though for an individual to seize at a chance where we play poorly for the first time this season and start saying how we aren't as good as we think.

I thought the balance could have been there if it had come off properly. Jota asked to flit into both inside forward roles, everybody else business as usual.

It's not perfect but no solution to going down a man will have perfect balance in the team.

Practically ending this with nine players, Douglas has been hobbling around unable to do much for the last ten minutes or so.

Going down to 10 men after 15 mins is obviously going to make things difficult but would have thought we would have been better organized and make them work for their victory, sounds like we fell apart......maybe down to the youth of our team?

It looked to me like Nuno wanted to shut up shop in the hope off getting a draw or sneaking a 1-0. As soon as that didn't work we were knackered

Going down to 10 men after 15 mins is obviously going to make things difficult but would have thought we would have been better organized and make them work for their victory, sounds like we fell apart......maybe down to the youth of our team?

Think it's because of who was sent off. Coady's leadership and the importance of it cannot be overstated and this match is proof positive of that, IMO.

It's really embarrassing behaviour though for an individual to seize at a chance where we play poorly for the first time this season and start saying how we aren't as good as we think.

It's not the first time though. He thinks we cant play well at home also

Can't see past Coady's brainless challenge costing us the game

We didn't fall apart we were just too negative in our reaction to the red card and then really lacked forward options in order for us to relieve a bit of pressure.

If Neves scores the penalty the game changes too as Sheffield United looked quite shocked for a very short period and sadly we didn't capitalise on it.

From Tim II

Whole squad and Nuno are over to applaud the fans

Good to see.

Poor all round really simply didn't manage the situation when down to ten men so got what we deserved.
But Coady I'm sure will apologise to everyone because before that we were very much in the game and who knows what would have happened also had Neves converted the penalty it might have been a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back