• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United - Bad day at the office (Verdict Thread)

What are Neves circumstances off the field? - Genuine question.

Harsh on Douglas, he was clearly carrying an injury for most of the second half but we couldn't make any more substitutions.

What's his excuse for the first half? and for the foul throw that wouldn't have looked out of place on a netball court?

He wasn't in the game today and if he did get injured he didn't seem to get any worse, if anything his best 10 mins were the last 10.

We had to play a back 4 for the first time all season which maybe explains the poor performance of the full backs?

From another thread so not my words and I'm just quoting it...

"- He's 20 years old
- He's just become a dad
- He's living in a new country. Are his wife/baby out here with him? If yes, he'll be knackered having a new born to look after along with adapting to his new schedule. If no, he'll be missing his family and baby.
- He's living in a hotel.
- He's playing in a new league, with a new club and new teammates. Thus, new tempo, style etc.
- He'll be learning a new language
- He's playing 2-3 games a week, something he's never done before.
- A lot of money was spent on him (something he had nothing to do with), that brings the pressure & expectation to perform straight away."

Girlfriend had a baby,Living in a hotel in a strange country,probably house hunting as well,still acclimatising to a tougher league,playing more often

Last edited:
From another thread so not my words and I'm just quoting it...

"- He's 20 years old
- He's just become a dad
- He's living in a new country. Are his wife/baby out here with him? If yes, he'll be knackered having a new born to look after along with adapting to his new schedule. If no, he'll be missing his family and baby.
- He's living in a hotel.
- He's playing in a new league, with a new club and new teammates. Thus, new tempo, style etc.
- He'll be learning a new language
- He's playing 2-3 games a week, something he's never done before.
- A lot of money was spent on him (something he had nothing to do with), that brings the pressure & expectation to perform straight away."

In which case he shouldn't be playing. Saiss was best player on pitch today (low bar), and has been most the season but he gets dropped. I wouldn't have played him today and I wouldn't play him Saturday.

What's his excuse for the first half? and for the foul throw that wouldn't have looked out of place on a netball court?

He wasn't in the game today and if he did get injured he didn't seem to get any worse, if anything his best 10 mins were the last 10.

He barely moved for the last ten minutes!

Everyone was bad that first half, I don't think he was particularly noteworthy in that.

And what? You asked what his circumstances were off the field. I told you

Surprised that would affect his perfomance on the pitch. Living in a hotel wouldnt help i suppose.
Thought maybe he'd lost his mothet or something

Everyone was bad that first half, I don't think he was particularly noteworthy in that.

Did he not run the length of the pitch to put in his first cross of the game? Either way my issues were more with his first touch and passing than his mobility. Given how Vinagre has played he needs to perform better than he did today.

In with you, he was truly woeful.

He put one decent corner near the end. Other than that it was Stephen Hunt against Watford esque.

Give Price some gametime...

Back