• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
I always give them a call when my subscription goes up tell them it’s far too much but if you can give me a new contract at a far more reasonable price I’ll remain a customer.

I'd rather change supplier than speak to someone on the phone

"From 2024/25, a new rights agreement between the EFL and Sky Sports comes into effect, making Sky Sports the home of the EFL.

With over 1,000 EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports via Sky and NOW each season, iFollow/club streaming services will cease to offer domestic live video coverage of EFL matches and streamed games can be watched on the Sky Sports+ service."

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/ifollow-and-streaming/
I realise you and @The Bear don't understand how a supply chain works so I'll leave it there.

I always give them a call when my subscription goes up tell them it’s far too much but if you can give me a new contract at a far more reasonable price I’ll remain a customer.
Same with us every 18 months.

There’s a thread on the moneysavingexpert forum with people’s latest deals.

I usually scan through that, pick the best/cheapest one then ring up and say “this is what you’ve offered my brother recently, do me the same or cancel my subscription.”

I realise you and @The Bear don't understand how a supply chain works so I'll leave it there.
Quite right. I'm pleased to say that item of knowledge isn't one of the things taking up space in my head. However, you can put your tin hat away because the post was intended for those who might have inferred from your statement
Those games are already broadcast on ifollow
that they would continue to be so as an alternative to Sky. (As you can see, I also have no idea how ifollow works either.) ;)

It's a case of the actual pictures are a product that Sky buys, in the same way as Telstra do over here. A broadcast company is paid to supply that, and the companies buy it. Saves them chucking a boatload of personnel and equipment at matches where they aren't giving it the full Sky live match coverage.

If you are in pubs showing dodgy streams (if you still have that in the UK these days) you probably get the same commentators as I do on Australian coverage for a match that hasn't been picked for the full Sky live treatment.

It's not that you *can't* offer streams of most/all games anyway. You can.

It's that it isn't worth it for the Premier League to do it themselves, the current model works far better for them. All the money and none of the risk (barring a broadcaster going bust as they did with deals in Italy and France, but as they're aligned with Comcast and Warner Brothers in the UK market, this is very unlikely). The sums don't add up to do it independently.

Take the feed and you get the product with none of the risk downside. Which is why UK (and indeed global presenters) do it.

Quite right. I'm pleased to say that item of knowledge isn't one of the things taking up space in my head. However, you can put your tin hat away because the post was intended for those who might have inferred from your statement

that they would continue to be so as an alternative to Sky. (As you can see, I also have no idea how ifollow works either.) ;)
Tin hat away and apologies. It has to take up space in my brain, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it (especially from the wife's pov).

A 10% saving is still less than the cost of the membership that you don't need in the first place

Do STH's get a Wolves Cash Bonus this year, or has that been quietly binned off?

Last year's was credited in the first week of September.

They've not updated their "Help" section on the website

Back