• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
How much NB quadrant hold? About 2.2k? 800 in the temp and then those dotted around adds up to just shy of 1k.

Still around 2000 seats unaccounted for?
Remember they never actually said we'd sold ~22k season tickets like before. They just said they were "sold out". So could be way more.

Two of our first three home games are on TV and the other is a Sunday at 2pm (which puts some walk-ups off), if they've got thousands of empty seats then they've only got themselves to blame.

If I hadn't renewed, I reckon that would have been it, no way I'd be able to justify that cost when you can stream every match for next to nothing. Disgrace.

I actually think a premier league streaming service will be here in the next few years, pay to view every league game, absolutely no idea why they rely on Sky, etc, when they could make much, much more.

I actually think a premier league streaming service will be here in the next few years, pay to view every league game, absolutely no idea why they rely on Sky, etc, when they could make much, much more.
Because broadcasting infrastructure costs a load of money and requires a whole host of employees who know what they're doing.

Why shell out for all that when Sky and TNT will do it for you AND pay you handsomely along the way?

Ligue Un didn't have a TV deal until last week, they've accepted a lowish bid rather than go in-house and direct to the customer because it's far, far too risky. It might well happen one day but not particularly soon.

Because broadcasting infrastructure costs a load of money and requires a whole host of employees who know what they're doing.

Why shell out for all that when Sky and TNT will do it for you AND pay you handsomely along the way?

Ligue Un didn't have a TV deal until last week, they've accepted a lowish bid rather than go in-house and direct to the customer because it's far, far too risky. It might well happen one day but not particularly soon.
Don't PL already have a ton of in house people? When you watch PL overseas its usually a generic PL broadcasting team outside of the larger markets

Don't PL already have a ton of in house people? When you watch PL overseas its usually a generic PL broadcasting team outside of the larger markets
Not talking about commentators etc (they're ten a penny) or even camera operators, match directors or whatever.

They're not currently offering bespoke streaming of individual games direct to the customer anywhere in the world, it's a minefield. Amazon got it badly wrong with their first attempt when they got rights, it didn't work properly off the app at all.

Not talking about commentators etc (they're ten a penny) or even camera operators, match directors or whatever.

They're not currently offering bespoke streaming of individual games direct to the customer anywhere in the world, it's a minefield. Amazon got it badly wrong with their first attempt when they got rights, it didn't work properly off the app at all.
Would you be willing to pay 20 quid a month to someone similar to Amazon to stream every PL game?

Would you be willing to pay 20 quid a month to someone similar to Amazon to stream every PL game?
Yeah. But they wouldn't charge that, they'd charge absolutely miles more.

Yeah. But they wouldn't charge that, they'd charge absolutely miles more.
You are probably correct, but at that price they'd get millions signed up world wide, the finances add up and the technology is there.

Remember they never actually said we'd sold ~22k season tickets like before. They just said they were "sold out". So could be way more.

Two of our first three home games are on TV and the other is a Sunday at 2pm (which puts some walk-ups off), if they've got thousands of empty seats then they've only got themselves to blame.
So you reckon those numbers are just made up?

So you reckon those numbers are just made up?
Let's look at it logically. They brazenly lie about other clubs' prices and where we sit (done that more than once), managed to brag that at least we don't have tiered pricing within a single stand like other clubs (er, we do) and every other year they've announced the final number...this year they haven't. Outside of ticketing they lied to Lopetegui to get him on board and have lied to us about how/why we can't spend anything in the transfer market.

They're not reliable narrators. I won't know until we're a few weeks down the line and games start going to general sale and then we can all see for ourselves how many seats are free. But I don't believe them, no.

Last edited:
I'd happily pay it.

The Sky's of the world won't allow it happen, they'd be fucked.

It'll happen at the end of the next tv deal with SkY.

The clubs already wanted it.

SKY don't broadcast games that's IMG, SKY/ Amazon have some of their own cameras and behind the scenes stuff but the bread and butter is done through IMG and SKY/ Amazon pay fee for that feed and then put their studio stuff on the top.

The clubs could quite easily come to an agreement through IMG but I'm not sure the FA or PL who are the actual rights holders (not the clubs) wouldn't let them.

The natural step is for the PL to have it's own subscription channel and do what SKY/ TNT do but on a per club basis, that'll be next and if SKY hasn't have paid their ridiculous fees this time it would've happened at the end of this round of funding.

The sad thing about this increase is the price I have to let my ticket go if I become ill (Which is often these days) or I'm gigging. I never used to ask a lot but christ I can't ask for anything less then £45 now.

The sad thing about this increase is the price I have to let my ticket go if I become ill (Which is often these days) or I'm gigging. I never used to ask a lot but christ I can't ask for anything less then £45 now.
The Jeff Shi of the ticket touting world...

You are probably correct, but at that price they'd get millions signed up world wide, the finances add up and the technology is there.
Oddly the ad revenue isn't. And it would be a net zero for the broadcasters as they'd still need to pay a huge amount to a third party are gazillions to say up their own systems.

Oddly the ad revenue isn't. And it would be a net zero for the broadcasters as they'd still need to pay a huge amount to a third party are gazillions to say up their own systems.
Yeah, this is the kicker.

Are the PL going to make more money doing it on their own? Probably not.

And Sky/TNT will carry on putting in huge bids because otherwise their subscriber base dissolves to more or less nothing.

If you can get 10m subscibers worldwide even at an average of 20 quid a month, then surely that would create a profit on what sky etc new deals pay?

Probably wrong place for the chat, so will leave it.

If you can get 10m subscibers worldwide even at an average of 20 quid a month, then surely that would create a profit on what sky etc new deals pay?

Probably wrong place for the chat, so will leave it.
Nope, not even close.

If it's a 10 month subscription (you can't charge for June and July when there are no games) then that gives you £2bn a season. Ignoring various domestic broadcast rules all over the world which might scupper you offering it everywhere.

Sky and TNT have paid £6.7bn for four years just for the UK rights. Let alone all the overseas rights which bring in more. And the PL will currently have very few overheads (the broadcasters are taking the vast majority of those on) whereas if they did it alone, they absorb all that cost, and all the liability if it goes wrong, and all the hassle of finding advertising and promoting the channel.

It's not worth their while.

Back