• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
Always a bit of a nonsense argument this. If I just walk into the ground, watch a game, and leave there is very little inflationary pressure on the price. And it’s even more stupid when any running costs of allowing me to watch the game is about 0.00001% of outgoings.

Perfectly reasonable in normal circumstances. But it’s not the results, they’ve made it clear we aren’t going anywhere. Aiming for 17th every year.

Long story short. There’s no justification for what they are doing. A 5% increase would have been accepted. What they are doing is just taking the piss
Not really sure I follow you. Costs are ongoing every single day not just the small amount of time you watch a game.

Agree with you re: price increase.

Not really sure I follow you. Costs are ongoing every single day not just the small amount of time you watch a game.

Agree with you re: price increase.
The biggest costs aren’t linked to inflation, so inflation doesn’t affect wolves like it does Tesco

Might have to allow for an increase in ops costs if we’re all ripping our seats off to frisbee in the direction of Tone Jeff.

The biggest costs aren’t linked to inflation, so inflation doesn’t affect wolves like it does Tesco
Disagree.
Wolves will have costs that most people won't consider. We have the training ground and Molineux. The cost to run and maintain those will have undoubtedly risen. We will have food and drink costs for players, housing costs for players, equipment costs, utility costs, maintenance costs, staffing costs, insurance costs, agents costs, etc and all of them will be affected by inflation in terms of the prices we pay for the various goods and services.

You might want to argue some of them and I understand why but the fact remains that all of them will be affected by market forces and inflation over the past year.

Disagree.
Wolves will have costs that most people won't consider. We have the training ground and Molineux. The cost to run and maintain those will have undoubtedly risen. We will have food and drink costs for players, housing costs for players, equipment costs, utility costs, maintenance costs, staffing costs, insurance costs, agents costs, etc and all of them will be affected by inflation in terms of the prices we pay for the various goods and services.

You might want to argue some of them and I understand why but the fact remains that all of them will be affected by market forces and inflation over the past year.
They can withstand that hit far more readily than your ordinary punter can withstand a 17% hike (or 64% in six years)

Also maybe don't keep bunging your mate Jorge millions of pounds of club money for doing nothing

Disagree.

Your missing the point.

Sarabia is on more in a couple of months than all the kitchen staff will be on in a year combined.

Wages and salaries are the biggest costs and we’ve seen a significant decrease in those last season. Paying off Lopetegui is another cost not to be repeated. Anyone arguing that any other costs are anything like what they are putting up the season ticket prices by are being either disingenuous or on a wind up mission.

Wages and salaries are the biggest costs and we’ve seen a significant decrease in those last season. Paying off Lopetegui is another cost not to be repeated. Anyone arguing that any other costs are anything like what they are putting up the season ticket prices by are being either disingenuous or on a wind up mission.
Particularly in the context of the £5m parachute payments windfall.

Don't think anyone is arguing that and as you say, there has been significant savings in other areas. However, that doesn't mean that costs in other areas haven't gone up.

Your missing the point.

Sarabia is on more in a couple of months than all the kitchen staff will be on in a year combined.

They'll be different departments with their own budgets and own cost reports. Companies don't turn a blind eye to smaller departments and just let them lose a, relative, ton of money just because there is a bigger financial exercise going on elsewhere.

They can withstand that hit far more readily than your ordinary punter can withstand a 17% hike (or 64% in six years)

Also maybe don't keep bunging your mate Jorge millions of pounds of club money for doing nothing
Fully agree. All I'm saying here is that let's not simply ignore the fact that some overheads will have gone up that are actually beyond the clubs control.

Your missing the point.

Not missing the point at all. The club can control player salaries as well as the kitchen staff but there is no doubt that the kitchen staff will have seen a rise in the cost of living and that will then have an impact on Wolves as they will have to give the staff pay rises to counter that. It's dead easy for a fan to bang on about how much we spend on players / coaches but very easy to miss the hidden costs of actually running a football club at this level.

Hopefully we sell Sarabia.

I still can't get my head around us paying millions to let lopetegui walk away from a contract he wanted to terminate.
Insane stuff isn't it.

You want to leave mate then leave. The only possible thing it can be is heading off a case of constructive dismissal (when West Ham/Newcastle got done for that with Curbishley/Keegan it cost them absolutely tons)

I still can't get my head around us paying millions to let lopetegui walk away from a contract he wanted to terminate.
I suspect we will never learn what actually went on but on face value, we should have agreed to pay him nothing more than his normal monthly salary until he found a new job.

Few days old, but a good listen. They all seem to be paying it though. No criticism, but it won't change anything. I do think most are kidding themselves divorcing Jeff from Fosun

You can't divorce Jeff from Fosun, only they can do that and he's been here from the start. If he's still here after all of this then it shows they either don't care what he does, or he's in complete lockstep with Guo.

Back