• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
The number of away fans in the home ends for the big games is going to be interesting...
There were a notable amount of Koreans in the South Bank last game of the season.

2 years without a ST.

Games attended since giving up years and years of attending as a STH

Chelsea (a) - @Quirkafleeg needed someone to look after him.
Gillingham (h) - Reduced Cup ticket and Lop's first game
Everton (h) - Freebie ticket courtesy of Trips for the end of the season kick around.

Made a fortune out of my support. Will repeat though, until this week my stance was not anti Jeff or Fosun but you stop going on a regular basis and your life balance and priorities change and football is no longer a priority when looking at your weekend.
Yeah this is what I think those on the fence should realise. Once you say no and go outside and touch grass, life carries on. It definitely sucks, but your support of Wolverhampton isn't any less (no matter what any dipshit on socials says) and the pub will still be there for catch up with mates.

The more people who boycott, the bigger message against Shi and Fosun, and the harder it is for them to ignore.

Yeah this is what I think those on the fence should realise. Once you say no and go outside and touch grass, life carries on. It definitely sucks, but your support of Wolverhampton isn't any less (no matter what any dipshit on socials says) and the pub will still be there for catch up with mates.

The more people who boycott, the bigger message against Shi and Fosun, and the harder it is for them to ignore.

Could all change for me but I'll be back when they start being normal again, I stopped going under Saunders, straight back when we appointed a proper manager and didn't miss a game in the whole of 2013/14 despite not having a ST.

It's a very low bar they have to clear with me. Renewed under Hoddle, renewed under Lage. It's a mark of how badly they've fucked it that I'm saying no.

Had one from about 91-94. Didn't in 94/5 due to going to Oz. Back for 95 until 97/8 as I had a wedding to pay for. Then permanently until 2006/7 due to Hoddle, went to the vast majority of games that season once he did one in the Summer. Gave it up when we went to league 1, not because we went down, but because I started taking my lad in the family enclosure, he was too young for night games and then membership got you 2 matches foc so more cost effective. Had one together since the first Nuno season.

I told him we won't be getting one which he's gutted about and my big worry is aged 16 and not from the area he'll lose interest. Much as I want to I just can't justify it, but is why I'll probably pay OTT prices for a couple of games as I don't want him to lose interest

5 million is 2 players on 50 grand a week. Drop in the ocean? Those 2 players would have made a massive difference to the season we have just had. Plus we (ie fosun) don’t make a profit. We lose 35 million a year, which fosun have to put in.
We ain’t got any options that are gonna make us 20-40 million more next year. So we need to have 4 or 5 ‘drops in the ocean’ such as the season ticket money to move the club forward.
The most expensive kids season ticket is £12.98 a game. Less than 1/3 of the adult price. I think that is still great value.

The above statement is copied from a response to me on one of the Facebook groups I mean I’m sure this bloke believes absolutely everything he reads in the Sun and Daily mail to.

Doesn't go in hard enough for me, but appreciate he has a relationship to maintain

Yeah it's a bit wishy-washy with too much rambling about the past.

You don't get to talk about ticket prices and then omit that we're the only side in the league who have had price increases every year leading up to this monumental kick in the bollocks.

Chucked my full response in:

Sorry JP, far too wishy washy.

1) we're the only club in the league who have had price increases every season since 2018/19 before this weeks immoral price hikes.

2) Who are we benchmarking against? Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Palace, Everton, Leicester and Forest have all announced their prices with the cheapest tickets starting at *at least* £170 cheaper than Wolves.

3) Comment on the season tickets in the Graham Hughes? which is nothing more than a cynical attempt at price manipulation, 700/23000 seats at £525 which lower the cost of our cheapest season ticket from 5th to 11th. Top 5 prices for bottom 5 ambition.

4) Comment on the state of Molineux. A Steve Bull stand that is rapidly approaching unfit for purpose, paint peeling off the exterior. No pride. Yet we as supporters are supposed to swallow this and pay through the nose.

Still, we beat United. Sound.

I hate that there’s just this acceptance that “prices need to rise to keep up”. Keep up with what?

You’re never going to financially compete with the big 6. And raising the prices every year won’t change that. So then your just “benchmarking” against the rest, who can just continually raise prices abusing fans love for the club rain, wind or shine.

If “the product” was good, you may get away with it. But it’s not, it’s getting worse with no sign of improving.

I hate that there’s just this acceptance that “prices need to rise to keep up”. Keep up with what?

You’re never going to financially compete with the big 6. And raising the prices every year won’t change that. So then your just “benchmarking” against the rest, who can just continually raise prices abusing fans love for the club rain, wind or shine.

If “the product” was good, you may get away with it. But it’s not, it’s getting worse with no sign of improving.
You only have to see the rise in the cost of living and inflation to know that prices for goods & services are on the rise. Insurance costs, labour costs and other overheads etc. are bound to have increased so it is understandable that prices have to increase somewhat. However, the price rises we have seen announced this week are out of kilter with the rise in our costs.

As regards "the product", this argument is always spilled out when price increases are announced. This is sport. It isn't like any other "product." Everyone knows the possibility of a poor performance / result before they make the decision to purchase a ticket. The hope is they will see a good performance and result but there are no guarantees.

One of the issues with announcing price increases when the team has performed very poorly over the last quarter of a season is that the confidence levels of the supporter is low and they find it harder to justify paying the increased price than if the team had been winning football matches.

The problem is where do they go from here? Especially when an inevitable relegation comes.
Bringing prices back to acceptable levels for second tier would take a severe reduction in cost.
Also good luck crawling back to the fans that you’ve fucked off to.

You only have to see the rise in the cost of living and inflation to know that prices for goods & services are on the rise. Insurance costs, labour costs and other overheads etc. are bound to have increased so it is understandable that prices have to increase somewhat. However, the price rises we have seen announced this week are out of kilter with the rise in our costs.

As regards "the product", this argument is always spilled out when price increases are announced. This is sport. It isn't like any other "product." Everyone knows the possibility of a poor performance / result before they make the decision to purchase a ticket. The hope is they will see a good performance and result but there are no guarantees.

One of the issues with announcing price increases when the team has performed very poorly over the last quarter of a season is that the confidence levels of the supporter is low and they find it harder to justify paying the increased price than if the team had been winning football matches.

When you’ve had a 13th & 14th place finishes and have raised costs way beyond inflation rates it’s an appalling look and one that says “we don’t give a fuck”
It’s about them understanding the tone of the fans and where they’re at.
Sport isn’t a lucky dip, the reason the product isn’t great is due to a catalogue of poor decisions by themselves so passing that onto the fans again is very insulting.

Last edited:
It seems like wantant destruction at this point.

Maybe they want to make as much profit as possible to take out at this point, but as @Deutsch Wolf says that would be minimal at most and would reduce the value of their asset to nothing.
Wanton?

Could it just be as simple as line go up?

If you're trying to market an investment in a company to a buyer, you want to show consistent growth in revenue and profit. And I doubt that kinds of people they're trying to hawk their much-vaunted minority share of the club to are going to be any more interested in on-the-ground realities of being a fan than Fosun are.

Back