• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
I can only imagine how expensive they'll be under a Labour government. That's if the ground isn't turned into flats for immigrants of course
This is clearly the turning point, Tories now stand up for poor folk. Election landslide halted.

I can only imagine how expensive they'll be under a Labour government. That's if the ground isn't turned into flats for immigrants of course
If only a labour councilor hadn't helped put a covenant on the land to stop it being turned into flats. Bloody wokeism gone mad.

Anyone want to tell her she’s missed the biggest problem that put our country in the shit and made us poorer, begins with B ends in rexit, they all forget to mention that after the pandemic and Ukraine.

The silence from the club & Shi is deafening.

They’re just hoping it all blows over aren’t they?

What are they going to say? There’s no consequences yet (probably won’t be anyway) and people have already paid!

The silence from the club & Shi is deafening.

They’re just hoping it all blows over aren’t they?
That or don't care.

So far turned down all media approaches to talk about the reaction.

What are they going to say? There’s no consequences yet (probably won’t be anyway) and people have already paid!
You’d think they’d be disappointed with all the negative press surrounding the announcement but you’re right, they probably don’t care.

There's nothing to say, the e&s column hints that the reaction was expected. He still believes in the waiting list so if 30% don't renew there's 6k to replace them.

Even if and when that doesn't happen, it's not an issue for him. We don't know what the average increase is, but let's say it's 25%, so even if 5k season tickets remain unsold they've broken even and for the games against the Sky 6 at least those tickets will be taken by plastic locals. He's not interested whether they are Wolves or Man U fans as long as they pay.

There's many flawed areas in his thinking, but across the coming season they won't lose revenue, just fans and he doesn't care about them.

Last edited:
Fully agree TT - it's such a short-sighted grab for revenue.

Yes for 1-2 seasons they might increase the revenue but the probable lost of a fair amount of hardcore supporters will cost them far more in revenue in the medium-to-long term; plus the damage to the Fosun brand as owners of Wolves (although they probably don't care).

So in summary they are trashing the club with their hardcore supporters for literally a few million dollars, which in the scheme of things given the vast revenues of Premier League clubs is just a drop in the ocean.

There's nothing to say, the e&s column hints that the reaction was expected. He still believes in the waiting list so if 30% don't renew there's 6k to replace them.

Even if and when that doesn't happen, it's not an issue for him. We don't know what the average increase is, but let's say it's 25%, so even if 5k season tickets remain unsold they've broken even and for the games against the Sky 6 at least those tickets will be taken by plastic locals. He's not interested whether they are Wolves or Man U fans as long as they pay.

There's many flawed areas in his thinking, but across the coming season they won't lose revenue, just fans and he doesn't care about them.
The inflated prices the walk up fans will have to pay will more than cover the losses from non ST renewals, especially with membership costs.

Shi isn't losing anything, plus it's likely those walk up fans will buy tat from the club shop, visit the museum etc.

It's win, win for short term Shi.

You’d think they’d be disappointed with all the negative press surrounding the announcement but you’re right, they probably don’t care.
They 100% don’t care. Enough people will pay it, they cut the ST numbers, make more money and have the ability to make more off individual games. There decision will be vindicated and the plan will be perfectly executed in their heads.

Who are these walk up fans though...

Koreans staying in Wolverhampton?
I haven’t been a “walk up”, since I was paying £15-20 for a ticket as a student 10-15 years ago. So the thought of paying £42-48 for my current seat (at current prices) blows my mind.

I know my ticket actually works out at like £32 a game already before the rise so you kind of forget about the individual cost of tickets. So when I don’t renew, I cannot for the life of me see me thinking £50 a game is a good idea. But we sell 6k+ walk up tickets every game already, so there clearly is plenty of people who are happy to do so

Back