• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
I haven’t been a “walk up”, since I was paying £15-20 for a ticket as a student 10-15 years ago. So the thought of paying £42-48 for my current seat (at current prices) blows my mind.

I know my ticket actually works out at like £32 a game already before the rise so you kind of forget about the individual cost of tickets. So when I don’t renew, I cannot for the life of me see me thinking £50 a game is a good idea. But we sell 6k+ walk up tickets every game already, so there clearly is plenty of people who are happy to do so
I guess it depends that if the likes of you and I don't renew but see it as an event a couple of times a year. There's no way I'd pay £50 for a seat in the Steve Bull on a regular basis, nor £45 for a membership. Would I spend it once or twice a season for games against Brentford or Fulham then I'm not sure as the consideration becomes different like going to a gig.

I guess it depends that if the likes of you and I don't renew but see it as an event a couple of times a year. There's no way I'd pay £50 for a seat in the Steve Bull on a regular basis, nor £45 for a membership. Would I spend it once or twice a season for games against Brentford or Fulham then I'm not sure as the consideration becomes different like going to a gig.
I've thought about this and I don't think I would. You go to a gig to be entertained and day trippers will want entertainment more than anything else. If the football is dreadful and the team is struggling there will be a lot of empty seats as those fans who want a day out won't bother.

And as they've already alienated ex-season ticket holders (as I will be) those folks aren't going to pay inflated prices either. In my case I won't go until they leave.

The place will sound dreadful/ empty too as large parts of actual support will be missing. If they kill the atmosphere then they reduce the entertainment etc. etc.

I've thought about this and I don't think I would. You go to a gig to be entertained and day trippers will want entertainment more than anything else. If the football is dreadful and the team is struggling there will be a lot of empty seats as those fans who want a day out won't bother.

And as they've already alienated ex-season ticket holders (as I will be) those folks aren't going to pay inflated prices either. In my case I won't go until they leave.

The place will sound dreadful/ empty too as large parts of actual support will be missing. If they kill the atmosphere then they reduce the entertainment etc. etc.
Yeah. If I give up my ST which at this point I am fully intending to do there is no way I will spend £50-£60 on an individual match ticket (especially to watch dull, VAR infested dross)

2 years without a ST.

Games attended since giving up years and years of attending as a STH

Chelsea (a) - @Quirkafleeg needed someone to look after him.
Gillingham (h) - Reduced Cup ticket and Lop's first game
Everton (h) - Freebie ticket courtesy of Trips for the end of the season kick around.

Made a fortune out of my support. Will repeat though, until this week my stance was not anti Jeff or Fosun but you stop going on a regular basis and your life balance and priorities change and football is no longer a priority when looking at your weekend.

Yo
2 years without a ST.

Games attended since giving up years and years of attending as a STH

Chelsea (a) - @Quirkafleeg needed someone to look after him.
Gillingham (h) - Reduced Cup ticket and Lop's first game
Everton (h) - Freebie ticket courtesy of Trips for the end of the season kick around.

Made a fortune out of my support. Will repeat though, until this week my stance was not anti Jeff or Fosun but you stop going on a regular basis and your life balance and priorities change and football is no longer a priority when looking at your weekend.
Seeing through a corner flag was fucking fun as well.

I won’t go at home, will just buy away tickets off FB tbh. Still end up cheaper than a home game including the travel and be a better “experience”

I won’t go at home, will just buy away tickets off FB tbh. Still end up cheaper than a home game including the travel and be a better “experience”
Similar to what I do currently, just go to southern away games through people I know

I've been a 'walk up' all my life, never been able to justify a season ticket. My youngest was a ST holder during the MM years but after a year in Germany and starting a family he's just been a member (same as me and his brother).
We're currently discussing whether to stay as members. Nothing to do with cost, more as a moral dilemma (and var). We're wondering whether we'll easily get general release tickets but I suspect we'll just not bother. If I don't go to Wolves it's possible I'll give up on football altogether for the most part. Will I be able to motivate myself to go to watch Telford Utd or Wolves women? Possibly, although it's more likely I'll just walk down the road and watch my local Rugby union club.
Hopefully we'll be back once these arseholes have fucked off.

And another thing....

These are the renewal prices aren't they?

So the prices for new ST holders will probably be 5-10% more than these prices? Probably looking at over £1k in the Billy Wright Upper and Steve Bull?

And another thing....

These are the renewal prices aren't they?

So the prices for new ST holders will probably be 5-10% more than these prices? Probably looking at over £1k in the Billy Wright Upper and Steve Bull?
Yep.

Though perhaps they'll get a welcome discount to reflect their loyalty to the waiting list and the party line.

Yep.

Though perhaps they'll get a welcome discount to reflect their loyalty to the waiting list and the party line.
That would be funny wouldn't it, rewarding those "new" customers over the existing.

Would be like something the RAC would do....

The number of away fans in the home ends for the big games is going to be interesting...

The number of away fans in the home ends for the big games is going to be interesting...
There were loads in the southbank this season so can only imagine that number will increase now. Unfortunately for Jeff, can’t see it being the case for the likes of Bournemouth and Ipswich.

There were loads in the southbank this season so can only imagine that number will increase now. Unfortunately for Jeff, can’t see it being the case for the likes of Bournemouth and Ipswich.
Wasnt aware of any away fans in the South Bank this season, at least if there were they were very quiet.

I think I saw 1 all season, certainly none by me.

Quite a few against United and Liverpool especially. Had quite a few texts from lads i went to school with who had tickets in there. Generally sensible lads though who wouldn’t cause any bother but they were still in there.

Back