• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham 2-2 Wolves: The "Are You Sure This is Wolves?" Verdict Thread

I don't know why people dislike the Icelandic clap. I bloody love it. Hope its a permanent fixture and Bod carries on with his impressive start.

Think the sledging of Mason on that late chance is a bit harsh.

The pass is a bit strong for him and he's sort of running away from goal by the time he catches it so trying to hit it back across himself to get it on goal, hence the piss weak effort, he should've taken a touch and tried to come inside or at least hold it up for someone else to get involved.

He was never scoring the effort as it was.

Would have loved to have been there today, sounds like it was an amazing atmosphere once we got going. Read a lot from those that went on twitter and seen the highlights and Bod looks very good, Saville took his goal very well but the defending for both of their goals was poor, can see Walter sorting that one out. Impressed with the way we approached it after the sending off which looks very harsh and we really should have won it with Mason's chance, it's a terrible finish to be honest from a bang average player. How did we pay £3 million for him?

On the Icelandic clap, i wasn't a fan of it before Bod came as it made no sense but with an Icelandic player in our team if we do it when he scores etc or as part of a chant for him then i can live with that.

At least with the Icelandic clap, we have a legitimate reason to do it. I enjoyed it too tbh.

Well we played better in second half.
When we scored the second and all the wankers thst were giving our players abuse all game come jumping over ppl including myself breaking my wrist in the process i had to leave early wasnt the best day ......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When we scored the second and all the wankers thst were giving our players abuse all game come jumping over ppl including myself breaking my wrist in the process i had to leave early wasnt the best day ......

Sorry to hear that Dazza - hope you are getting the right treatment

Im pretty sure the new owners like the racist abuse a section of our supporters were yelling at them today #gosupportwba

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

We had a beered up bloke to our left who came barging past us nearly knocking us into the row in front when Bod scored, just so he could give it the big one to the home fans. Utter prick.

I don't know why people dislike the Icelandic clap. I bloody love it. Hope its a permanent fixture and Bod carries on with his impressive start.

It'll be fixture in the South Bank this season so those who aren't keen better get used to it.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

We had a beered up bloke to our left who came barging past us nearly knocking us into the row in front when Bod scored, just so he could give it the big one to the home fans. Utter prick.

these kind of fans really ruin it for the "actual" fans, they just need to piss off in all honestly

Mason is kind of the anti-Saville. Useful in build up and a decent footballer but not exactly banging them in.

My thoughts:

Awful 1st half. Standing off, barely able to string three passes together. Their goals were too easy from our point of view. Saville's goal really was key as it meant we had a foothold to the game going into the 2nd half. All the attacking players were terrible other than Iorfa and maybe Wallace who put a few decent crosses in.

2nd half we were much improved. Kept possession better and started to push into their half a lot more. This was helped by Rotherham who came out in the 2nd half with a "must not lose the game from here" attitude. Once we started to create a few chances they looked scared shitless and sat back even more.

Iorfa's was a definite red from where I sat. The highlights made it look harsh but from the side on view I had you could definitely see him being pulled back.

Texeira came on and instantly stamped a bit of authority to proceedings. Picking the loose ball up and bursting into space, laying the ball off to Bod who cracked it into the top corner. Great finish. Tex was also directing other players where to pass the ball too. Hopefully a good influence and a bit of a leader even at a young age.

Mason probably should have done better with his Keogh-esque scuffed effort but the ball was drifting wider than he'd have liked so wasn't a gimme.

Unfortunately in added time they had most of the ball so here was to be no late winner ufortunately. Given the way the game went though a draw was a good result.

Another couple of players and a bit more time on the training field (no more standing off teams please Walter) should hopefully see us playing better from the off in games. Certainly something to be positive and look forward to in any case.

Burton at home will probably be my next game, and the window will be closed so I'm keen to see how we line up for that game. Hopefully with Talisca in the No. 10 role and a couple of goals to his name already!

Always enjoyed a trip to Rotherham whatever the result. Home fans friendly enough in the pubs before hand and the sun was shining.

We can pretty much forget the first half, but dug in in the second and deserved a draw.

Oh and I was against the clap after seeing it at the darts a couple of weeks ago. But converted by @jondadi at the end of the game.

Just seen the highlights, some thoughts on the incidents:

1. Both of Rotherham's goals were exceptional finishes, nothing Ikeme could reasonably do on either of them, IMO. Putting a man on the posts will always be a point of contention and you do have to say it would have stopped their first goal.
2. Jon Dadi, take a bow. Maybe the best strike I've seen from a Wolves player since SEB hit that bicycle kick against Millwall.
3. Rotherham's keeper really should have done better on Saville's goal, looked really unsure of himself when coming out to claim it. Credit to Sav, though, probably the most difficult open goal you can have at that angle.
4. Reading about it at first blush, I could see Iorfa's red being justified. Having seen it in action, though, it's absolutely absurd and surely will be appealed.

Just seen the highlights, some thoughts on the incidents:

1. Both of Rotherham's goals were exceptional finishes, nothing Ikeme could reasonably do on either of them, IMO. Putting a man on the posts will always be a point of contention and you do have to say it would have stopped their first goal.
2. Jon Dadi, take a bow. Maybe the best strike I've seen from a Wolves player since SEB hit that bicycle kick against Millwall.
3. Rotherham's keeper really should have done better on Saville's goal, looked really unsure of himself when coming out to claim it. Credit to Sav, though, probably the most difficult open goal you can have at that angle.
4. Reading about it at first blush, I could see Iorfa's red being justified. Having seen it in action, though, it's absolutely absurd and surely will be appealed.

oy, what about Gued´s strikes? :)

Liking Walter's comment "It's very nice, sometimes you win, sometimes you learn, today I learned!"

I bet he has

Back