• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham 2-2 Wolves: The "Are You Sure This is Wolves?" Verdict Thread

something like "why put this useless $#@! in charge of the team you chinky wonky no eyes prick.." i cant remember word for word but thats pretty close.

Shame, there's always the odd one or two, I've spent I lifetime listening to it on the terraces at Molineux.

And you'll never get away from it. We are all different and unfortunately there will always be people who are "built" to act that way

..or too drunk

Pleased we got a point. Looking at the highlights all the goals, including Rotherham's were very well taken. Was it Edwards or Saville who turned his back on Ritherham's 2nd goal. No place for that kind of tartery in Zenga's team you would think.

Pleased we got a point. Looking at the highlights all the goals, including Rotherham's were very well taken. Was it Edwards or Saville who turned his back on Ritherham's 2nd goal. No place for that kind of tartery in Zenga's team you would think.

That was Edwards.

Savile gave the ball away in our area and rotherham scored off that too, savile was hopeless only thing is did was score a goal, i hope he doesnt play next week same with lee evans, Jack Price and Tex to replace them imo

I love Tex. Movement, control and up for a challenge. Made dangerous dave look like a disgrace.

First half was abysmal and the second half we deserved the result.

FYI, all aboard the thunderclap and Bodvarsson loved it! (Great management by Zenga to send him out to start it post match, honourable mention to Batth for shouting the players to come over and clap us)

Batth shouldnt be shouting players over at all, it should be second nature and they should go over win,lose or draw without being prompted.

agree with Quirk TBH

First half the midfield of Evans, Edwards and Saville were all doing the same thing, nothing. When Texiaria came on the game changed, we now had a midfielder on the pitch willing to carry the ball forward and Rovrum were on the back foot.

Deserved a draw, Iorfa shouldn't have been sent off and I'm back in love with football again.

On the hand clap.

Most chants at football matches are copied from somewhere else. If Bodvarson continues as he did today, continually urging the crowd to get going and working tirelessly he will become a focal point for the crowd so why not do something that is quite obviously because of him.

We were really poor in the first half, sloppy defensive play from Hause, Evans, Wallace and Doherty at various points before their first. They deserved their lead. If you are playing Evans, who I thought was poor, then he has to be further up the pitch. Edwards and Saville also poor in the first half although the latter took his goal very well. The 433 lasted about 25 mins to be replaced by the 451 that was equally unconvincing. Iorfa's red although soft was justified, but a combination of that and Tex coming on turned the game. Comfortable on the ball, running at the opposition totally different to anything else on the pitch beforehand. He does need to learn what is or isn't a free kick in England though. Overall, we were poor and got out of jail against a side that will finish in the bottom 6 but there were signs for encouragement, not least the way we had a go when down to 10 men, but at the moment light years away from a play off team.

Oh and I enjoyed the hand clap

Sounds like the improvement came with Tex coming on, so with his fitness improving, along with the other new signings to enter the fray, can only see us getting better.
In isolation, it'd be a disappointing result. But with some context, not so bad.

Good to see the new boys getting off to a good start, clearly from the first half hours performance there's still some shit to clear out but some of that has already been done with Silvio and Costa to come in and Texiera to be starting. Most pleasing is the attitude to being behind and a man down. It sounds like we actually chases the game which is something that we haven't done for a very long time. It may mean we get caught with our pants down a couple of times but it will also mean we get points like we did today or even win the game. Good stuff, hopefully this continues.

The highlights on channel 5 were dreadful. Why can't they just show the football, rather than wanging on about crap all the time

Batth shouldnt be shouting players over at all, it should be second nature and they should go over win,lose or draw without being prompted.

Totally agree but a couple were about to drift off down the tunnel until Batth shouted them over.

In cold daylight I still think Iorfa'a sending off was harsh, i will concede that both Rotherham goals involved some quality from them.

Bod's goal was a great finish!

For me the best thing about yesterday was the fact that Zenga set about trying to still win the game after we went 2 down & had Iorfa sent off. Changed the team positively to try & get something. Don't consider that that would have happened last season.

Telling comment from him after the game 'sometimes you win the match & sometimes you learn. Today I learned!'

There will be more new players & the start team will change. How quickly it can gel is another matter, but would expect there to be a fair bit of ruthless culling if you don't perform

The highlights on channel 5 were dreadful. Why can't they just show the football, rather than wanging on about crap all the time

yeah it's a bit of a shame really! Felt so rushed/awkward commenting live over the highlights in the case of the Wolves game at least!

Back