• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

We've never gotten the full story, may never. At the end of the day they wanted to not spend money even after selling so many players (FFP couldn't have been a problem after Neves).

As long as they can do more smart signings in future and not do more summer runabouts like last time we should be ok.

The way the season seems to have shaken out I'm pleasantly surprised now that 16th seems to be worse case scenario. A lot of season left but with the 3 promoted teams being flat out bad + Everton then that's already a comfortable buffer without adding Bournemouth into the mix.

Credit there has to go to the coach and players, I just hope they don't get complacent, especially next season.

Well they said this summer that if things were kept tight we'd be able to spend big next summer, and I have absolutely no reason to believe they will go back on their word. This time.

People keep saying the promoted teams are bad and they undoubtedly are. Yet we have taken 1 point out of a possible 6 so far against them. Crazy.

People keep saying the promoted teams are bad and they undoubtedly are. Yet we have taken 1 point out of a possible 6 so far against them. Crazy.
There's a lot been discussed about those individual performances and rightly so, but the likelihood is that if the ref/VAR had done their job correctly it would have been 4. Before this season Huddersfield were the worst team in the PL since we came up, certainly to the eye test and possibly points wise? They did the double over us and we were by and large good then.

Well they said this summer that if things were kept tight we'd be able to spend big next summer, and I have absolutely no reason to believe they will go back on their word. This time.
I think the year that drops off FFP in the 3 year cycle was around £40m loss in the accounts. so they should be free to spend,

I'd love to flog Silva to Forest. After sending them Joao Teixeira and Leo Bonatini in recent years too.

Might even get a few quid for ol' crocodile tears with that idiot running Forest too.

They might do daft things on a regular basis but they (nor anyone else) are not going to spend money on a striker who last scored a Premier League goal two and a half years ago (that in itself being a clearance which hit him and went in).

Was it MoN who played Leo as a left winger?

Was it MoN who played Leo as a left winger?
Yep and also when they had far too many loan players to fit into the matchday squad, so someone was always going to miss out every time.

They did get Boly off us for a low fee because Bruno Lage is a prick.

They might do daft things on a regular basis but they (nor anyone else) are not going to spend money on a striker who last scored a Premier League goal two and a half years ago (that in itself being a clearance which hit him and went in).
A Diego Costa special

Just in time for Chris Wood to score his customary goals against us in a couple of weeks
Divock also has a decent record against us from memory - relative to him being pants

Last edited:
I'd love to flog Silva to Forest. After sending them Joao Teixeira and Leo Bonatini in recent years too.

Might even get a few quid for ol' crocodile tears with that idiot running Forest too.
Tex and Léo at least had moments where they looked genuinely good (Léo’s purple patch was un-defendable).

Silva hasn’t shown close to the flashes they did.

Back