• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

I think it is too simplistic to say the whole economy is booming - I'm sure certain sectors are.

The commercial property market is far from booming, certainly on the investment side there has been little movement since the end of 2018 when most of the pension funds stopped buying properties due to waiting to see what happens with Brexit - why would you spend £100's of millions when the £ could potentially fluctuate massively.

This then trickles through the rest of the market. Things are busy at the lower end where smaller investors have cash available or a pension pot to spend at say less than £250k but even that market is drying up now due to a lack of supply.

Don't get me started on the retail market.

Angel investment is definitely on hold due to Brexit as most are in the situation you outline. The normally solid software investments are in flux as the investors want certainty on where their investment will likely be in 5 years time and the labour market dictates that in that field in particular.

A booming economy is one that out performs its own historical performance. That is not happening.

Some interesting post election data and voting intentions via Ashcroft.

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/...vIVvj8QdLVWaG53AG2fx3HDzc3bHSizKwpPGEqaTP1Hdo

Personally, I have no fucking idea who I'll vote for in the next GE. So much depends on Labour's strategy. Bin Corbyn, come out as the party for Remain (and not some wishy washy bollocks about potentially thinking about a proposed discussion about a potential people's vote maybe possibly) and my vote is theirs.

If Labour DID change tactics and do this, the opinion polls would look completely different.

I think it is too simplistic to say the whole economy is booming - I'm sure certain sectors are.

The commercial property market is far from booming, certainly on the investment side there has been little movement since the end of 2018 when most of the pension funds stopped buying properties due to waiting to see what happens with Brexit - why would you spend £100's of millions when the £ could potentially fluctuate massively.

This then trickles through the rest of the market. Things are busy at the lower end where smaller investors have cash available or a pension pot to spend at say less than £250k but even that market is drying up now due to a lack of supply.

Construction is slowing down too as a result of a drop in commercial building and civils projects.

Some interesting post election data and voting intentions via Ashcroft.

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2019/...vIVvj8QdLVWaG53AG2fx3HDzc3bHSizKwpPGEqaTP1Hdo

Personally, I have no fucking idea who I'll vote for in the next GE. So much depends on Labour's strategy. Bin Corbyn, come out as the party for Remain (and not some wishy washy bollocks about potentially thinking about a proposed discussion about a potential people's vote maybe possibly) and my vote is theirs.

If Labour DID change tactics and do this, the opinion polls would look completely different.

Euro elections are the ultimate free hit for a voter - very low stakes. Most people will vote for one of the 2 parties come GE time as thanks to FPTP anything else is a pointless risk. Labour should just come out for revoke now though rather than a PV.

Euro elections are the ultimate free hit for a voter - very low stakes. Most people will vote for one of the 2 parties come GE time as thanks to FPTP anything else is a pointless risk. Labour should just come out for revoke now though rather than a PV.

I think its incredibly dangerous for Labour to assume everyone will flood back to them in a GE.

Well surely economic policies are set by society not how well the economy is doing, so I assumed he agreed.

So say the economy is booming (which it is) do you expect conservatives (society) to change it’s policies?

austerity was implemented because of the state of the economy, we were told.

in reality, austerity has been over-implemented to fit an ideological plan/ideal. But the rationale behind it was the economy.

I think its incredibly dangerous for Labour to assume everyone will flood back to them in a GE.

Indeed.

I can't see myself voting for them whilst the leadership remains so incompetent.

Oh I don't think everyone will come back but I do think you need to take the Euros with a huge dose of salt. History shows they have very little bearing on GEs.

Oh I don't think everyone will come back but I do think you need to take the Euros with a huge dose of salt. History shows they have very little bearing on GEs.

Equally we don't live in 'normal' political times and so looking back at history isn't necessarily a good predictor of what will happen going forward.

Is that not because there is very few empty business properties? That is certainly the case in Staffordshire.

Of course high street retail is going to be a pretty hard to rent out, but high street retail is pretty much dead in itself .

Construction is slowing down too as a result of a drop in commercial building and civils projects.

There's going to be a lot of new machines sitting around as all the OEs are on course for record years.

Corbyn has backed Brexit again. Tin eared.

“The referendum would be on a negotiated deal or alternatives to that. It’s not a re-run of 2016.”

Wait but I thought he was brilliantly following the thoughts of members in going for a GE and then (at some unspecified time) back the people's vote?

When will people realise he's every bit as much of a brexiter as Farage ffs. Jesus fuck what a cunt. Get in the see you anti semite fuck hole.

Ah well - that's any hope of getting my vote gone. Ridiculous.

“The referendum would be on a negotiated deal or alternatives to that. It’s not a re-run of 2016.”

Wait but I thought he was brilliantly following the thoughts of members in going for a GE and then (at some unspecified time) back the people's vote?

When will people realise he's every bit as much of a brexiter as Farage ffs. Jesus fuck what a cunt. Get in the see you anti semite fuck hole.

Well it'll be between the negotiated deal and Remain won't it? Given he's already said Labour will do whatever it takes to stop No Deal. Anyone who puts No Deal on a ballot paper is taking a gigantic risk.

Well it'll be between the negotiated deal and Remain won't it? Given he's already said Labour will do whatever it takes to stop No Deal. Anyone who puts No Deal on a ballot paper is taking a gigantic risk.

You must be kidding? That's exactly what that arsehole Farage is banking on. For all of his disgusting traits Farage is a consummate campaigner and has shown to destroy weak leaders like Corbyn and May in an afternoon.

What on earth makes the Labour Party think people will vote for them in a if a People's vote is not part of their policy for this mythical GE that Momentum members think they'll get?

Back