• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (H) build up

Actually for me I would have:

Norris

Boly --- Coady--- Hause

Doc -- Neves -- Saiss -- Vini

Cav --- Jota --- MGW

I'd go for this. I really don't get why Hause doesn't get more games. Every time I've seen him play in the last few years, he's been exceptional, then gets dropped instantly. He can play better football than Batth or Bennett as well as (I think) being a better defender.

Is Afobe the right shout given it's safe to say we're going to face two bus parkers this week?

I'd go for this. I really don't get why Hause doesn't get more games. Every time I've seen him play in the last few years, he's been exceptional, then gets dropped instantly. He can play better football than Batth or Bennett as well as (I think) being a better defender.
His chance came against Swansea in the cup and he was rubbish, I'm a massive fan of his but he didn't take his chance.

I don’t think we can get away with wholesale changes, and that’s the only reason I’d keep ruddy in for the moment, and likewise Douglas rather than vini and Jota not MGW. hause fits our style of play, and I’d prefer him to rodders, though wouldn’t complain if Miranda got the nod instead.

Ruddy
Doherty
Douglas
Boly
Coady
Hause
Saiss
Neves
Caveleiro
Jota
Afobe

Subs
Norris
Bennett
Miranda
Vinagre
N’Diaye
MGW
Costa

Ruddy

Bennett---Coady---Boly

Doherty--Neves--Saiss--Douglas

Costa--Jota--Cav

Subs:
Norris
Miranda
Hause
N'Diaye
Gibbs-White
Afobe
Bonatini

Ruddy

Bennett---Coady---Boly

Doherty--Neves--Saiss--Douglas

Costa--Jota--Cav

Subs:
Norris
Miranda
Hause
N'Diaye
Gibbs-White
Afobe
Bonatini

That's what I'd go with.

442 for me. I hate that formation, but we need to destroy someone and that's the best route for me. - Nuno won't play it mind, but if we don't win Tuesday we won't go up, it's that big.
Ruddy
Doherty
Bennett
Boly
Douglas
Neves
N'Diaye
Cav
Afobe
Bonatini
Jota

442 for me. I hate that formation, but we need to destroy someone and that's the best route for me. Don't win Tuesday and we won't go up, it's that big.

Strange post, Tony. We destroyed Leeds just a few days ago and we didn't need 442 to do that. Stick to what we're good at, have a bit of faith in the squad - there are 10 games left, it doesn't all hinge on Tuesday!

Personnel change - yes, but formation change? Nah, sorry - that's just daft.

If we're only three points clear when we play Cardiff I"ll be incredibly nervous.

Changing system now would be nuts, though. There's not enough time to get that sort of change done properly, and if we did I don't think we have the defenders to play that way safely.

Strange post, Tony. We destroyed Leeds just a few days ago and we didn't need 442 to do that. Stick to what we're good at, have a bit of faith in the squad - there are 10 games left, it doesn't all hinge on Tuesday!

Personnel change - yes, but formation change? Nah, sorry - that's just daft.
As I said I don't think Nuno will do it and much as I lay today at his door he's got plenty of credit in the bank, but I just think we need to rip the next two teams apart and then go back to our usual formation. When it's not going for us the way we play looks much too passive, not helped by the overplaying we've seemed to discover in the last month or so. I want us to go at these two and don't think 343 with the current way we are playing is the way to do that.

As I said I don't think Nuno will do it and much as I lay today at his door he's got plenty of credit in the bank, but I just think we need to rip the next two teams apart and then go back to our usual formation. When it's not going for us the way we play looks much too passive, not helped by the overplaying we've seemed to discover in the last month or so. I want us to go at these two and don't think 343 with the current way we are playing is the way to do that.

The best way for us to rip teams apart isn't for us to abandon the way we play - especially not against sides who don't possess the quality of Fulham and Villa.

It would be absolutely stupid of us to ditch that and deploy a system we've used in less than 1% of the season, in which time we've never actually benefited from it.

I think you're panicking too much TBH. We had way too much for Leeds on Wednesday night and we should see the same again against Reading and Burton assuming Nuno calms the players down and we put in 2 good performances.

There's no reason why that can't happen - fucking around with the formation is the last thing we should be doing.

I guess we'll see on Tuesday, personally I think you are underplaying the massive knock that will do to confidence. Now 'go and and fix it' may be all that's needed. I'm not so sure.

Norris

Bennett---Coady---Boly

Doherty--Neves--Saiss--Vinagre

Costa--Jota--Cav​

Subs: Afobe, MGW, Hause, Miranda, Douglas, Ruddy, N'Daiye
This would be mine too, only concern would be dropping the highest assistor in the league when we seem to be less creative. However Douglas is well off.

Another option that is possible is Hause to LCB and Boly to RCB.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also, Jota is now on 9 yellow cards, i believe the amnesty is after the Burton game?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I guess we'll see on Tuesday, personally I think you are underplaying the massive knock that will do to confidence. Now 'go and and fix it' may be all that's needed. I'm not so sure.

To me losing at home to forest is worse than this or Fulham and we responded after that so I expect us to dispatch reading and Burton this week.

To me losing at home to forest is worse than this or Fulham and we responded after that so I expect us to dispatch reading and Burton this week.

After that performance today I'm not going to be complacent/arrogant enough to expect anything. We wiil see how psychologically damaged we have been by it in the next 7 days. Momentum is not on our side...

Need a response to be fair we’ve responded well to defeats this season, but this one does seem a big one to recover from.

The good thing about having a set formation and style of play is it makes it easier to bounce back from defeats because we don't change the way we go about things. We stick to what has made us successful, whether it resulted in a loss the previous game or not. As long as the players execute it with the right intensity, organisation, technical ability, and desire to get a result, then we'll win 90% of games in this division.

Come up against a good opponent, don't defend correctly, and don't respond properly and we can get beaten like last night.

I still have no doubts we are going up, and still very likely as champions given the fixtures. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been watching how this team goes about it's business properly this season.

Back