• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston Match DAy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

victhegreek

Reaction score
Always wanted to start one of these. Expect an unchanged team. Really want Neves to avoid booking this time , I want to see him Wednesday!

If we lose we know who’s fault it is then Vic!

We will be unchanged I imagine. N’Diaye has done enough to keep his spot IMO.

Really good opportunity today with Fulham - Villa and Cardiff - Boro playing each other. They aren’t that important but a 15/16 point gap at this stage would be phenomenal

Tough match today away at Preston, normally would be a bit worried but there’s no fixture this season we aren’t capable of winning. I think we’ll be unchanged and hopefully put on a show for the 5000 supporters who are making the trip

Pearson and Cunningham are out for Preston. They don't have the big lump that is Hugill either so I would think we've got a fair chance of winning here.

Compared to the 3-2 win at home they dont have Hugill any more and our back three that day was Batth, Coady, Miranda.

I'd have Saiss in, didn't think Alf played well last week - inconsistency is his big issue.

Barkhuizen is a decent player I think

He’s also a gimp. You’d have thought he would have learnt his lesson after spouting off before the first game, but I see he’s been giving it the big one again this week.

Hopefully our 5,000+ fans give him some stick (or I’ll just take the three points)

He’s also a gimp. You’d have thought he would have learnt his lesson after spouting off before the first game, but I see he’s been giving it the big one again this week.

Hopefully our 5,000+ fans give him some stick (or I’ll just take the three points)

What’s he said?

Didn’t really say anything too offensive. Token phrases like “we’re not scared of wolves” “thought we gave them a scare at their place” “didn’t deserve to lose” “fancy our chances”. Which is all both accurate and fair comment

What’s he said?

That they’ll put a dent in our title hopes etc. Not as bad as first time around when he said we couldn’t not get promoted with the money we’ve spent, but still putting a target on his back.

Looking at the home and away tables, Preston don’t seem too good at home. They sit 13th and 4th in the away table.

As much as he was a niggly pain I thought Pearson was excellent at Molineux. Big loss for them.

About 10 miles out of Preston at the moment. Cant wait!

As much as he was a niggly pain I thought Pearson was excellent at Molineux. Big loss for them.

About 10 miles out of Preston at the moment. Cant wait!
He's very good. I'd be happy if we looked to bring him in over the summer to compete with Saiss as they're similar players. Both good ball players but have a little edge to their game where needed.

Saiss has to come back in for me. As Tredman says, Alf's not as consistent, and IMO Saiss is just a better player.

Saiss has to come back in for me. As Tredman says, Alf's not as consistent, and IMO Saiss is just a better player.

Only thing I've ever agreed with you Bear! Don't think Saiss will play though, due to the yellow card risk.

Can't afford to lose Saiss and Neves at same time, so reckon he'll hold back and continue with N'Diaye

N'Daiye is too inconsistent, control was lacking in the last game so decent possibility of him being better this time around

Would still start him - apart from the yellow card risks Saiss has only just come back to being fit & not a bad option at all to have on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back