• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

President Joseph R Biden

Supposedly has covid and cancels speech as 'self isolating'.
Yeah, right.

I imagine he is in somewhat frantic negotiations with the big players in the party while he "isolates", and may even have a damascene conversion that sees him return from the illness but say he is too ill to stand.

I imagine he is in somewhat frantic negotiations with the big players in the party while he "isolates", and may even have a damascene conversion that sees him return from the illness but say he is too ill to stand.
I imagine you're right.
Happily I backed Newsom a few weeks back as the democrat candidate and also the next U.S. president.
Doubt the second bet will come up but at 40/1 I thought it good odds.
The first bet stands a small chance though, possibly?

Very small I'd say, this late I think the only realistic alternative to Biden is Harris

Already said this week he only stands down if told he is not medically fit to run. Seems to be setting himself up for that scenario at the mo

Very small I'd say, this late I think the only realistic alternative to Biden is Harris
Not so sure. I think she's very unpopular with Americans so don't think she'll get the nomination.

I think it could be somebody completely left field.

That's ok I didn't put the house in it 🙂. Can't imagine Harris winning anything. Talks gibberish from what I've seen, but then again it is the U.S. 😳

Not so sure. I think she's very unpopular with Americans so don't think she'll get the nomination.

She is and she'd lose, but I just don't think the timing is there for anybody else unless there is a concensus candidate, which seems unlikely given the egos of politicians
That's ok I didn't put the house in it 🙂. Can't imagine Harris winning anything. Talks gibberish from what I've seen, but then again it is the U.S. 😳
He should have made the decision months ago, then they could have had a proper set of Primaries. As it is, I think it'll have to be her. We'll see.

Recent poll her approval rating with US voters is 45%, Trump is 47%, so not as bad as the narrative makes out.
No coincidence that after sidelined for most of Biden's term she has become more front & centre in the last month.

What's wrong with Anthony Blinken?
Or am i missing something?

He's never run for office. He's a diplomat, rather than a politician.

What's wrong with Anthony Blinken?
Or am i missing something?
Nothing, I think he'd be an excellent left field choice and nothing to lose if he does replace Biden.

Trump was new to running for office too.

Theres no Democrat that can beat Trump at this juncture. They’ll do whatever they think can get the most votes for congress

If Michelle Obama had any interest in the office whatsoever, that would be the ace in the hole. The Obamas seem perfectly content as they are, though.

I can't see anyone else that the DNP would support and has more popular support than Trump (or could overtake him in 3ish months).

Joe for me has not been fit to govern since before the last election. It is almost like the Democrats only think now they might not get reelected, that Joe isn't fit to run the country. It is like they have been putting their self-interest, before the good of the country.
I say this as someone who detests Trump.

It has to be Harris.

It's already bending party procedures to even contemplate having the designated nominee drop out at this stage. This isn't the 60s, delegates aren't chosen with the expectation that they might have to negotiate a brokered convention, they're just there to wave signs and cheer at speeches. They're there to confirm Biden and Harris, it's just about OK if they just do Harris plus some other last-minute choice for VP. Otherwise the chaos will lead to another repeat of '68, which Biden's old enough to remember and I bet is forming a big part of his resistance.

I've spent a few hours studying a few of kamala harriss's speeches over recent weeks, as i was none to familiar with her style and content.
Bearing this in mind, i think she, with Blinken (poss) as running mate, and reasonable doses of appearances from Michelle Obama, she can beat deadley Donald.
Especially with the female population of the usa, slightly outnumbering the males.

Back