• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

I can definitely confirm that Australia is extremely racist. Shit gets openly said here that I would have thought was beyond the pale 40 years ago.

This isn't true, the Japanese and Chinese are hideously racist.

India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are also.

It's the whole world over.
I'll go further... we all are in our own way.

This is one of the times when you can actually be proud of modern day Britain as most decent folks have slowly come to realise that people shouldn't be judged on the colour of their skin, where they come from or what sex they are but rather by their actions and their integrity.

Most people are brought up from an early age to believe as their parents did and it is a hard cycle to break out of. It comes with maturity I guess, and realising that hate isn't the way forward.

We are lucky as Wolves fans to have an incredible guy called Manny Singh Kang who shows us all how we should treat humanity. A guy we can all learn from. I watch this guy everyday on Facebook and marvel at his attitude to life. Prejudice and hate is all around us from time to time but it is up to us, as individuals, to decide how we will deal with it.

Yeah, every culture has its problems and things it needs to work on, and ourselves as people. Just try to be nice and learn, it sounds so simple yet we live in times of far-right and hyper-nationalism increasingly being the norm. It sucks.

I am going to separate the home nations for this, but the 2 least racist and homophobic nations I have lived in is Wales and England.

The most Racist Spain.
The most Homaphobic was Scotland.
The most religiously integrated was Turkey, its not now Erdogan has put a stop to that. It was no no coincidence the most religiously accepting of other faiths was also the most secular.

By no means am i saying that the countries are perfect with no Racism, or bigotry

Its also has to be noted where in the countries I lived, Istanbul like London, like New York, like Florida is not the indicative of the entire country

I based these comments

On Cardiff, Wolves, London, Gloucester, Bristol, Istanbul, Glasgow, New York.
Other than Glasgow the parts i lived in the other cities were quite Affluent.

That also plays a part in your perception, as does the time spent in them, With the least time spent in the US.
Glasgow 14 years
Spain - 6 years
Istanbul - 2 years
Cardiff - 18 months
USA 6 months

As I said you can only make comments on places you have lived in.

8xbuh9.jpg

On the face of things that's not too bad until you see they are all after midnight.

This isn't true, the Japanese and Chinese are hideously racist.

India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are also.

It's the whole world over.
It’s not to say that you won’t find it in other places, but I would posit that the historical factors in the East make it a bit messy to equate the two.

At the core it’s classic in-group/out-group, something I’m not sure any society has ever been able to fruitfully combat in a significant way.

I'll go further... we all are in our own way.

This is one of the times when you can actually be proud of modern day Britain as most decent folks have slowly come to realise that people shouldn't be judged on the colour of their skin, where they come from or what sex they are but rather by their actions and their integrity.

Most people are brought up from an early age to believe as their parents did and it is a hard cycle to break out of. It comes with maturity I guess, and realising that hate isn't the way forward.
I agree with most of this, however those that are racist are more empowered now by social media and certain political figures than at any point for probably 40 years. It's not for me with my background to say how racist a country or not we are, but from 2016 onwards I've heard more racist rather than ignorant comments than in the 20 years prior.

I agree with most of this, however those that are racist are more empowered now by social media and certain political figures than at any point for probably 40 years. It's not for me with my background to say how racist a country or not we are, but from 2016 onwards I've heard more racist rather than ignorant comments than in the 20 years prior.
We live in hope that the uptick is death throes.

GON continuing with the same shape today in both 60 minute halves.

On the ball the right back is advanced and we build up with the back three.
The left back can be quite fluid in his role. Either tuck in a make a three, can invert into central areas alongside the midfield duo or can play as a left back occasionally supporting the winger, who’s job it is to hold the width of that side (R.Gomes & Chiquinho)

Defensively, off the ball, we go back into a 442/4411.

…………Bentley
Lima S.Bueno Toti H.Bueno
……Cundle Lemina
…Bellegarde Cunha Chiquinho
………. Guedes

………………….King
Doherty Mosquera Dawson RAN
…………….Hodge Doyle
…..…Sarabia…..Hwang…. R.Gomes
……………..…Larsen

GON continuing with the same shape today in both 60 minute halves.

On the ball the right back is advanced and we build up with the back three.
The left back can be quite fluid in his role. Either tuck in a make a three, can invert into central areas alongside the midfield duo or can play as a left back occasionally supporting the winger, who’s job it is to hold the width of that side (R.Gomes & Chiquinho)

Defensively, off the ball, we go back into a 442/4411.

…………Bentley
Lima S.Bueno Toti H.Bueno
……Cundle Lemina
…Bellegarde Cunha Chiquinho
………. Guedes

………………….King
Doherty Mosquera Dawson RAN
…………….Hodge Doyle
…..…Sarabia…..Hwang…. R.Gomes
……………..…Larsen
Similar to early Nuno days then

Back