• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I got the feeling from the interview that journos thought the only way he's leaving is under his own steam to get the Norwich job, not under pressure from Fosun.

Not sure, his body language never looked convincing (not that I'm an expert) and he spoke about Wolves in the past tense too often for me. There was also a lack of detail as though he was saying he had no clue what was going to happen in the off season.

I think he's staying. If he is then lets draw a line and look forward to next season with optimism

I think he's staying. If he is then lets draw a line and look forward to next season with optimism

Don't you think Fosun would've issued a statement by now backing Lambert if that was the case?

Didn't see the interview, but he's not going to jeopardize his pay off. He's either already gone or knows he will be, he's just playing the game.

Not sure, his body language never looked convincing (not that I'm an expert) and he spoke about Wolves in the past tense too often for me. There was also a lack of detail as though he was saying he had no clue what was going to happen in the off season.

Yeah I did notice one or two past tenseries slip in; I was just talking from the interviewers' perspectives, nothing was framed to him as if his position was under threat. Though that was possibly quite scripted in that they were helping out a "proper football man". Or they just don't know or care/about what we've been talking about for the last few days

I would have thought that he would have gone by now, if he was going to be sacked.

Nah, not a chance unless there's been a huge and very recent u-turn. There's not been a single tweet or news article about the first team, or anything whatsoever to do with the plans for next season, quotes from Lambert or anything since the 'news' broke in the Telegraph. If there was no story, there would have been clarification by the club.

I would have thought that he would have gone by now, if he was going to be sacked.

Compensation, sourcing a replacement etc etc. It's not really been THAT long since this all kicked off.

Jackett was left to hang around for over a week. Fosun's MO is to sack and recruit in one action where possible.

There were quite a lot of signals that all is not well but it's hard to tell. If he stays does that mean Britney gets sacked?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Maybe he thought the leaking of a story would "scare" FOSUN but it's him who got the nasty shock and has done some major backpeddling

He said that he was still Wolves manager, and was in the process of identifying players for next season.

It's an odd one because when we sack a manager, we impose all manner of non-disclosure clauses when we finalise a settlement with them. DJ used to moan about it all the time, saying we didn't know the full picture (we bloody well do Dave, it was your fault). Saunders piped up about it too, pretty much breached it and we decided to just let him get on with it, no-one takes him seriously anyway and we don't want to deal with the moron again, I imagine speaking to him lowers your own IQ by osmosis.

So if Lambert really has been sacked already, it's strange that we would let him go on national TV and even if he didn't say much of interest, talk about a job that he doesn't have any more. So who knows.

Britney's stance will have been backed by the editorial staff at the E&S, he won't have gone rogue. They think it's worth taking a punt and then they can say they came up with a scoop, even if it was joining a few dots and crossing their fingers. Easy enough to weasel back out of it. "Showdown talks" leading to a reconciliation or whatever. Again, we all know that he doesn't actually know anything, it's not like he's losing credibility whatever happens. You have to have some in the first place for that to happen.

Lambert doesnt interview particularly well so the obvious signals of vagueness might be nothing. If I had to guess I think he's staying. Looks like the click baiters win again!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just read on Facebook:

"He's going because his contract runs out in June."

giveup.gif

So, we might still be on the end of Percy's pole then...

Think we're at the stage now where someone at WWFC needs to show some leadership. If he's staying then Fosun need to come out and back him. "We are aware of speculation etc etc." If he's going then he needs to go. Fosun need to accept that this isn't the People's Republic and this continued uncertainty isn't building a rapport with the fans and it certainly can't be encouraging anyone to sign for us.

I suppose there's a scenario whereby they are looking to appoint a manager for next season from a list of 3/4 preferred candidates, but if they can't get one of them then Lambert keeps his his job, if they can he won't. Making him the fallback option.

Back