• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

GON is basically what he is. Will he be an elite managerial talent? Obviously time will tell, but I think that is unlikely. However, he is more than adequate for where we are at the moment, as long as he keeps us in the division.

Always the way when someone doesn’t like a manager, or has formed an opinion on a manager, and then refuses to back down when their opinion is incorrect.

When something goes well it’s because they’ve “stumbled on” it. If something doesn’t go to plan, it’s because they’re clueless/shit/a PE teacher.

Not sure I agree, a poor manager might stumble on something and then revert to type if that goes away.

eg. We won 4/5 and SEB scored 4 goals in 5 in 2013 under Saunders. Looked like we might actually survive until SEB got injured and we lose 5 of our final 6 and the rest is history.

There's definitely a difference between stumbling onto something and identifying something - the former won't develop from it whereas the latter will.

Kenny Jackett stumbled onto Sako, Dicko and Afobe had his best league season as a manager and once they left/got injured we saw what he was really about (Unlimited Power, Palapatine™)

Kenny Jackett stumbled onto Sako, Dicko and Afobe had his best league season as a manager and once they left/got injured we saw what he was really about (Unlimited Power, Palapatine™)
Did he stumble on it? Or just play his 3 best attacking players together? That's not stumbling..

And of course once they left/got injured we weren't as good?

KJ slander!

Easy for me to imagine us hiring a dickhead that pushed Sako away early. He didn’t have any business being in that league.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Gaz.

He’s been set up to fail. RANs performance you can’t legislate for. He wasn’t even this far out of position playing in a back 5.
There’s no excuse for how he sets our midfield up. Hubris is going to catch up on all of them. Especially Jeff but also Hobbs and O’Neil for their ridiculous back slapping.

There’s no excuse for how he sets our midfield up. Hubris is going to catch up on all of them. Especially Jeff but also Hobbs and O’Neil for their ridiculous back slapping.
Yeah the set up is horrific. We can’t go toe to toe with this set of players

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Gaz.
Who would come here? You can put a bandage over a gaping wound and will stop the bleeding for a short time, but you still need to deal with the gaping wound. Jeff Shi and Matt Hobbs are our gaping wound, and any new manager will eventually be brought down to their level. The wound needs cauterising.

Who would come here? You can put a bandage over a gaping wound and will stop the bleeding for a short time, but you still need to deal with the gaping wound. Jeff Shi and Matt Hobbs are our gaping wound, and any new manager will eventually be brought down to their level. The wound needs cauterising.
You’re right it’s a bit irrelevant, especially when you think of who the other options were when we appointed GON. But it’s one win in 14, that can’t be allowed to carry on much further

Gazball isn't working at the moment because he's given certain players license to do what they like. When that happens, you expose yourself defensively like we did today. When you are up against quality players, they take advantage. Make no mistake, Chelsea aren't a good team. We more or less handed it to them today with our tactics and then individual mistakes.

Sure, we could have scored more and been in front at half time but if you are that porous in the Prem. then results like this will happen.

Heard him on 5live, he’s in danger of becoming another bullshitter.

Heard him on 5live, he’s in danger of becoming another bullshitter.
What did he say? Just seen an e&s article where it’s about reinforcements being needed but I’m not giving them money to read the whole article

What did he say? Just seen an e&s article where it’s about reinforcements being needed but I’m not giving them money to read the whole article
He said there was nothing he could do tactically and it was down to individual errors.

Just batshit, the whole thing was a tactical error from putting Hwang wide right on the team sheet through to not having a midfield. The bloke just isn't good enough.

The usual bollocks about not seeing what happened today on the training pitch all week, the cones don’t tackle Gaz.

So they replace GON, don't back the new head coach either, rinse and repeat? The way they lost today sucked but their fixtures for first 2 months sucks, I don't think a fair assessment can be made before November.

You simply don't get that luxury.

You can't be sat on 0 wins for ages and thinking "oh we'll beat Palace at home and Fulham away and then it'll look better". I mean we lost both those games last season.

Back