• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Is the Chinese bit really the issue here?

Executives of all types are arrogant and stupid. We don’t need to pull from the deck of nationalism.

Is the Chinese bit really the issue here?

Executives of all types are arrogant and stupid. We don’t need to pull from the deck of nationalism.
It is relevant to us and culturally significant.

Doesn't stack up though does it as they've sacked managers before. Like Crazy Walt after less than three months.
It does now as the Chinese government have made a decision to basically end interest in football

Agree 100% but the Chinese are known for not wanting to lose face and having given him a new long term contract just 3 months ago sacking him would be a difficult call for them. Unfortunately this would very likely result in our being relegated. Happy days.
Pride comes before a fall!

Lemina has come in pretty strongly behind O'Neil judging from his comments to the E&S, given that "liars and cheaters" remark. May be a second language thing and I'm looking too much into it but seems the kind of thing which would come out of a divided dressing room.

So we keep him and by some miracle we get some results through November, what makes them think he’s going to put the white flag away and start delivering results against teams in the top half of the table? There’s absolutely nothing to suggest things will change, if they were we wouldn’t be anchored to the bottom of the table on one point.

I think we all just need accept that we will be back in the Championship next season.
I’m already resigned to it. The only thing I’m looking forward to is the squirming statement when season ticket prices are announced. If GO had been dismissed it would still be tough but there would be a smidgeon of hope presuming they hadn’t appointed Fat Frank.

I think he's got 4 games which takes him to the next International Break. If they aren't sacking him now then City and Brighton won't be the tipping point. He has to beat 1 of Palace or Southampton. Thing is he probably will.

I think he's got 4 games which takes him to the next International Break. If they aren't sacking him now then City and Brighton won't be the tipping point. He has to beat 1 of Palace or Southampton. Thing is he probably will.

He's got to beat both of them, we shouldn't be rolling over against Brighton or City either. This is the situation we've put ourselves in, we need points on the board and we need them now.

He's got to beat both of them, we shouldn't be rolling over against Brighton or City either. This is the situation we've put ourselves in, we need points on the board and we need them now.
Depends what you mean by got to. To keep us up, quite possibly, to keep his job, I don't think so.

The noise at Brentford transfered to Molineux, with Jeff in attendance will make a huge difference.

The expected happens v City and the crowd will turn, live on TV, then Jeff will be on the back foot. Someone will have to go and it won't be him so either GO or Hobbs (or both) at risk.

If it's Hobbs though it will mean a return of Jeff Shi Sporting Director reporting to Jeff Shi Exec Chairman.
Armed with his little black book of football contacts that contains the details for Walter Zenga, Fabio Silva's Dad and Jorge Mendes.

Funny how last season we did the double over Chelsea and beat City yet in the blink of an eye losing at home to Chelsea is perfectly acceptable (to Shi and Hobbs) and City is a write off. None so blind as those that don’t want to see!
That's the issue I have with GONs attitude, although I know why he says it and that of people such as Bob Hazell on here.

It is true that we've been second favourites for all 7 games so far, we will be for the next 2 too. That said other than the top 3, the gap between all the other teams in the PL shouldn't be sizeable. So although you can look at each game in isolation and say you didn't expect to win that one, that's not how the league works unless you are going down.

1 point from 9 games seems to be seen as acceptable, because of that narrow, naive and/or arrogant approach. Thing is we got 46 points in total last season, 12 of them came from the like for like games we are likely to have 1 from this year.

Back