• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Incompetent aresholes, if Hobbs is watching that and thinks it’s reversible then his football knowledge is worst than most the fan base.
It wreaks of some sort of vanity project to save face.
They’ll create a scenario where they have to sack him and look stupid anyway, it’ll be to late to appoint anyone good enough or be beyond repair for us to survive.
The decision to keep holding on until November has just sealed our relegation I’m afraid it’s so fucking obvious.
As I’ve said you just don’t turn the confidence taps on in November, yesterday is proof that you can’t just expect to rock up and beat lesser teams.

I feel like we're not far off O'Neil in his desperation channeling his inner McGhee and and saying something considered derogatory about Palace and Southampton post City/Brighton which only serves to fire them up.

Highly likely we lose the next two.

Let's be very generous and give him four points from the Palace and Southampton games. Leaving us on 5 points from 11 games. Doesn't look like much of a platform for survival, does it!

You're banking on him actually going on a run of I dunno, 4 or 5 wins out of 8 or whatever before Christmas. How likely is that exactly when we can't control games and can't defend?

Highly likely we lose the next two.

Let's be very generous and give him four points from the Palace and Southampton games. Leaving us on 5 points from 11 games. Doesn't look like much of a platform for survival, does it!

You're banking on him actually going on a run of I dunno, 4 or 5 wins out of 8 or whatever before Christmas. How likely is that exactly when we can't control games and can't defend?

Then back into writing games off at the end of December and January when we have the reverse fixtures of 5 of the first 7 plus United and Spurs.

November/ December fixtures
Palace (h) D
Saints (h) W
Fulham (a)L
Bournemouth (h) D
Everton (a)D
West Ham (a) L
Ipswich (h) W
Leicester (a) D
Man Utd (h) D
Spurs (a) L

12 points by new year and I’m being generous giving us points v Everton and Man Utd.
Problem is if gets a win early in November it kicks the can further down the street.

Fucking idiots. They're going to get a fucking ear full at the City game.
Sad to say that with one vaguely acceptable 5 min spell they’re likely to get an earful of ‘Gary O’Neils barmy army’ from a bunch of idiots who would rather be in League One than accept they were wrong about him, Lage, Nuno and god knows how many other things.

Speak for yourself.

I wouldn't be happy with 3 points.
Let me rephrase that. Had we drawn with Forest, Newcastle and Brentford I think we'd mostly be okay with that, having not lost more than two in a row and potentially a much healthier GA column.

Let me rephrase that. Had we drawn with Forest, Newcastle and Brentford I think we'd mostly be okay with that, having not lost more than two in a row and potentially a much healthier GA column.

Newcastle have proven in all their away games that they’re not that good. Very fortunate draw at Bournemouth, poor at Fulham and average yesterday.
They were poor v us but we allowed them possession and territorial advantage.

Newcastle have proven in all their away games that they’re not that good. Very fortunate draw at Bournemouth, poor at Fulham and average yesterday.
They were poor v us but we allowed them possession and territorial advantage.
A point would have been nice though, huh?

2003/04: P11 W2 D3 L6 F7 A23 Pts 9
2011/12: P11 W3 D2 L6 F12 A18 Pts 11
2022/23: P11 W2 D3 L6 F4 A12 Pts 9

We're unlikely to get as many as 8 points from our next 4 games. So are we saying that we're going to have a worse start than the two times we went down from the PL and our most recent tangible struggle against relegation, and stay up?

That's a lot of blind faith.

I'd have more faith in the Black Knight from Monty Python And The Holy Grail than the fwits running the club at present.

Unfortunately we’ve not been out of tier 2 long enough to forget just how much of a shit league it is. Even if we did make an immediate return (we probably won’t) we’re now in the same cycle that Watford, Fulham and Norwich found themselves in.

Back