• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

My memory is fucked so apologies if I'm wrong but last season (maybe the previous one) didn't we have one of the best records for the first half of the season for defending set pieces?
Think so, even if it’s hard to believe now.

Wolves and Spurs were the last teams to concede from a corner last season. How the fuck did that happen?

He's got to beat both of them, we shouldn't be rolling over against Brighton or City either. This is the situation we've put ourselves in, we need points on the board and we need them now.
I’d be saying 4 points really is absolute minimum. Seeing as most eggs have been placed in the ‘hard fixtures to start’ argument you have to be taking points (and not just two draws) from the latter 2 games. If you buy into that remit, Ofcourse

I can’t tell whether they’ve been told not to mark anyone further back than the back post or if they’ve all got their jobs and none of them have taken the guy at the far post into account. Either way surely one of the players should be clever enough to look at the unmarked guy and do something about it.

When trying to score from set pieces the opposition will stop at nothing.

So maybe the theory is if we do nothing they might stop?

Been watching Bradford v Newport, yeah I know it’s always the same when there’s an International break.
Anyway I was thinking yesterday about O’Neil and the Coaching career he’s gonna have, I noticed Graham Alexander is currently Coach at Bradford and think that’s probably gonna be O’Neils level, he’ll have a decent career but it’ll never be at the elite level.

Quite likely BS but Wolves Insider saying that Moyes and Potter would be interested if offered the job. If true FFS get it done and have Moyes in here before the Citeh game.

Of the 2 you've chosen Moyes?????

Got to be Potter if it's a choice.
Absolutely. He’s one I’d stick with even if we went down. Sadly I think his interest will evaporate like mist on a summer’s morning within seconds of speaking to Hobbs and Shi.

David '74 goals conceded last season' Moyes, call him by his full name.

Also finished below us in 2023 despite us having Bruno Lage and Steve Davis for half a season.

Why do people think it's 2004 again when his name comes up?

There'd be an element of risk to both. Moyes took Sunderland over in a similar situation and managed to make them worse. He'd likely improve the defence, but in doing so would stifle some of our attacking play. I'm not sure we have the players to make defensive stability the top priority. With Potter you don't know if Chelsea has broken him or how quickly he'd be able to communicate his ideas without a pre-season. From where we are though and who else is likely to be in the frame I'd take either in a heartbeat, but Potter would clearly be my preferential candidate, although I'd be surprised if he were interested when he's one mistake off falling down a tier or two. I'd imagine a job with less risk, isn't too far off for him

There’s only one I’d love to see as Wolves Coach one day, has to be “Japan Moutinho”.

Back