• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

And that's correct? Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape about him saying it.

Unless he said it against Forest?
I’m not. You asked if he said it, he did. What’s it got to with the size of Spurs’ stadium? And even if it’s correct why keep spouting it is a cop out pre match and an excuse post match? It’s a defeatist attitude every single week in public, that’s why people get bent out of shape about it. At least pretend you’re putting up a fight even if you’re not.

I would generally agree. As I said I'm not a fan of it.

But it's not "nonsense" and it's nowhere near the "eye of the tiger" shit that Saunders used to say.
That’s fair, I suppose. Referencing the bookies only ends one way though.

“Nonsense” is a tough one tbh because I would call it that, but it isn’t illogical.

That’s fair, I suppose. Referencing the bookies only ends one way though.

“Nonsense” is a tough one tbh because I would call it that, but it isn’t illogical.
I’m pleased my ‘nonsense’ has caused a lively debate. I’m not wedded to him taking it though. Happy to go with ‘like a loser’ if that’s more palatable.

I’m pleased my ‘nonsense’ has caused a lively debate. I’m not wedded to him taking it though. Happy to go with ‘like a loser’ if that’s more palatable.
Nah, "nonsense" feels right. But I get what EP is saying to a degree.

O'Neil is on a hiding to nothing in any press briefing these days . One win in 16 or 17 PL matches is indefensible and he knows it . He has no where to hide on that , and it's therefore almost certain that you start saying things to distract away from that - even though you know it won't work . It's human nature .

What's the alternative - should be begin by saying - ' My record since March here as Manager in terms of win ratio is dreadful , I take full responsibility and I know that my days as Manager here could soon be over . I am however committed to trying to turn things around , whilst realising the gravity of the situation at the same time ' .

How would people like that ? Is that defeatist even though it is completely true ?

How about something as simple as “We know results haven’t been good enough and we’re working hard to change that, starting with the next game. We know it will be a tough game but we’re aiming for that first win of the season”. Just stop telling us how virtually every team we play are much better than us and losing wasn’t surprising. The picture it paints is fucking awful.

Next excuse is loaded and ready to go losing his first choice centre half.

Id even take it if he went full Benitez v Ashley and started throwing shade at Fosun for leaving him with an unbalanced squad.

Portraying us as plucky down on our luck types is so small time.

As already said. Potter wouldn't work under Hobbs or even Shi. He wants autonomy.

Way the West Ham fans feel about Lop, 3 games to save his job apparently, potter could end up at West Ham

Pressure is humongous now going to Brentford, can’t use any excuses of how brilliant the opposition are or that we are big underdogs. Fact is simple if you’re not picking up points here I’m not sure where you do.

Back