• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Pressure is humongous now going to Brentford, can’t use any excuses of how brilliant the opposition are or that we are big underdogs. Fact is simple if you’re not picking up points here I’m not sure where you do.
Must win game for me.

You can't keep painting yourself as a plucky underdog (honestly, it feels like he thinks he's in charge of Walsall going away to Liverpool in the cup at times) - and then not pick up points here.

If we don't get our first win in forever next week, where's it coming from?

Must win game for me.

You can't keep painting yourself as a plucky underdog (honestly, it feels like he thinks he's in charge of Walsall going away to Liverpool in the cup at times) - and then not pick up points here.

If we don't get our first win in forever next week, where's it coming from?
We need to make sure we don't lose. Brentford away will still be tough enough. Just start picking up points. Lose and it's a kick in the teeth.

What I expect:

Lose to Brentford - he'll be sacked
Draw - he hangs on until the Brighton game, needing to win that.
Win - he'll get to end of November to get another win.

We need to make sure we don't lose. Brentford away will still be tough enough. Just start picking up points. Lose and it's a kick in the teeth.
A draw keeps the non-winning run going, we need to break it. We don't have the players to go and 'not lose'

Has to be a win as your probably going into November winless, demoralised and adrift

I think we'll lose to Brentford and I don't think he'll be sacked
Which he’ll have talked himself into, you can’t harp on about being underdogs etc in other games then rock up to this one and lose, this a game where points should be picked up, l agree he’ll lose narrowly and will be sacked as the international break will be in.

He is taking us down. Not good enough, don't think he will ever get a better job than this but let him 'learn' elsewhere. There are some seriously intelligent managers/head coaches at this level, all this 'lads tried their best and gave their all' bs doesn't cut it at this level anymore.

I know he's going nowhere, he's fucking laughing but I'd have replaced him in the summer not given him a new bumper contract, absolute joke of a decision

I think we'll lose to Brentford and I don't think he'll be sacked
That will be the point where feelers start going out to possible replacements (including seeing if Mendes can do us any favours) but agreed, they won’t go for it that suddenly after such a big PR push this week.

I’d hope they were already doing it but I think they believe their own spin.

Which he’ll have talked himself into, you can’t harp on about being underdogs etc in other games then rock up to this one and lose, this a game where points should be picked up, l agree he’ll lose narrowly and will be sacked as the international break will be in.

You or I would see it that way and act accordingly, I genuinely don't think Shi will

We'll be underdogs for this.

But that's what happens when you're bottom :ROFLMAO:

As alluded to on the verdict thread - I cannot see how they go from a full-on media round (4 interviews was it, or 5?) where they bang on about how Gary is on the same page as us and then sack him inside a fortnight. Won't happen.

Unless it's some kind of Fulham 2012 horror show, which it probably won't be, as we aren't authentically rubbish. We're just weak and easy to play against. It'll probably be 2-1 Brentford and we'll take the good moments and work from there.

I don't even dislike the guy, it's just....we've had months of this. We never win.

We'll be underdogs for this.

But that's what happens when you're bottom :ROFLMAO:

Again a self inflicted scenario, it’s not as if we can claim that we’ve been robbed by VAR etc for the performances we’ve chucked we probably warrant being on 2 points and no more.

Again a self inflicted scenario, it’s not as if we can claim that we’ve been robbed by VAR etc for the performances we’ve chucked we probably warrant being on 2 points and no more.
Yep that's true, fixtures have been harsh, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Our VAR controversies were very different.

I’ve never really took to him to be honest, I gave him credit for what he did up until the Coventry debacle but I’ve never been in the ‘Gary O’Neil’s Barmy army’ camp, there still appears to many who are in the South Bank as I think he is very clever with his after match interviews.

Well next weekend Brentford will start as favourites and will be the better team, so we should understand when we lose. You’ve got to admit it’s a self fulfilling prophecy that will just keep on giving.

Well next weekend Brentford will start as favourites and will be the better team, so we should understand when we lose. You’ve got to admit it’s a self fulfilling prophecy that will just keep on giving.
The people who buy that line were never going to accept our problems anyway.

It’s so thin I actually appreciate that they’ve made it so abundantly clear that my cautious optimism was stupid.

Back