• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

without doubt it is but that squad in that system isn’t 2 players away from being good. Massive question marks over anyone who plays the front 4 positons, massive turnover likely in midfield and question marks about all of them as well and then none of the back 4 and GK are top half players.

It probably isn’t and isn’t possible as we wouldn’t be able to fund it
Fair enough, agree we can't change too much due to financial pressures.
I do think 2 players in that system would make us comfortable mid table with maybe a small chance of getting into the lower European places. Obviously we'd need more in the squad though.
Thinking about your points then yes probably 2 is a bit light, definitely a keeper and probably 2 CBs + that little known item, a goalscorer.
Midfield is a bit unknown I suppose, we don't know how we'll fare with just Lemina, Bouba, Gomes. If we lose Neves, Nunes and Mouinho which seems likely, then a ball carrying/progressive CM too.
So 5 then.. you've convinced me😄

I’m not a student of statistics but how often does a Wolves player create 6 chances? Seems pretty good to me!
More than anyone else in the PL yesterday, but apparently he did it all in his own half

I think there's no small amount of bitterness in the appraisals of MGW's performance yesterday tbh. He was the best player on the pitch, and displayed everything that we're missing. Progressive carrying and passing, mobility, tenacity and work rate.

The truth is probably somewhere between the two arguments in terms of whether we managed/treated him badly, or he was a bit of a cunt who didn't perform - but I'm pretty sure that he's exactly the kind of player we need

I find it strange that we have moved away from Cunha playing up with Raul, with Nunes and Sarabia playing as narrow left and right sided midfielders.

We actually looked dangerous like that when we beat Spurs, and you can always switch out Sarabia for any of Traore and Neto as and when needed to give you a slightly different wider threat.

The truth is probably somewhere between the two arguments in terms of whether we managed/treated him badly, or he was a bit of a cunt who didn't perform - but I'm pretty sure that he's exactly the kind of player we need
I dunno. He's not a number 8 in a midfield three à la Jacob Ramsey for me (I thought he would develop into this kind of player but he hasn't), he doesn't have good enough numbers for someone who plays every game in the front three and hardly anyone plays a proper #10 now.

He's alright, but I doubt he'd have matched Podence's output in our team, and we all want rid of the latter in the summer.

I don’t think he’s anything special but he’s better than what we’ve got.

If you’re giving me MGW, Cunha, Guedes, Nunes (who we are playing in a forward position) who all have come in for similar amounts of money then I’m picking MGW everytime.

I'd take current day James Henry over Guedes.

He is still very much a YouTube showreel player for me. Give me goals, give me impact, not something that looks impressive totally out of context set to an appalling early 2000s techno track.

He'll make a good career for himself at this level, but he'll need a manager who isn't so willing to indulge him if he wants to really push on. Whether or not he'd be better here than our cabal of shite is largely here nor there now as he didn't want to be here himself.

I find it strange that we have moved away from Cunha playing up with Raul, with Nunes and Sarabia playing as narrow left and right sided midfielders.

We actually looked dangerous like that when we beat Spurs, and you can always switch out Sarabia for any of Traore and Neto as and when needed to give you a slightly different wider threat.
Can we stop with Traore being a viable option, he's fucking shit.

It should be Sarabia and Neto/ Spit the dog.

He was the best player on the pitch, and displayed everything that we're missing. Progressive carrying and passing, mobility, tenacity and work rate.

He obviously massively raises his game when he plays against us due to the chip on his shoulder he's carrying

Apropos of nothing, but if West Ham go down and we stay up, we ought to be giving Jarred Bowen's agent a call.

Apropos of nothing, but if West Ham go down and we stay up, we ought to be giving Jarred Bowen's agent a call.

Probably wouldn't even pick up the phone. He'll surely have his sights set higher than another relegation battle.

Back