• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 1/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m desperate for a win following the league cup defeat.

Mainly so I can shove that MGW picture back down the throats of my mates who sent it me after the draw and subsequent penalty shoot out

Against Leeds we played like a team that thought we would definitely win , and as a result I felt we were far too complacent.
Even after the opening goal we seemed to think that we could pull back the lead after a short while and our dominance seems to back that up .
The whole thing died after goal number 2 , both in how easy it was for them and that we suddenly had a mountain to climb .
The dynamic is much different now . We should be a lot more focused , all hands on deck , on the front foot if at all possible .
Treat them as a serious team . They are after all a competitor of ours for the drop .

Who is the ref for this game? That's always my first question lately.
Bound to be some winding up going on and the City ground will be like a bear pit.
Need to have eleven on the pitch at full time.

So that's Neves, Raul and Lopetegui off. If Man U v Fulham was anything to go by 😬

Not that we can trust Cooper after Brennan Johnson's remarkable recovery for the last game but the BBC are reporting....

Nottingham Forest striker Chris Wood will miss the rest of the season with a thigh injury.

The New Zealander, who joined on loan in January, was injured on 11 March but still went on international duty during the break, although he did not play.
Manager Steve Cooper said Forest also have concerns over forwards Brennan Johnson and Andre Ayew, full-back Serge Aurier and midfielder Gustavo Scarpa.
"It's just something we have to deal with, we'll put our focus into the players who are available and who are training ready to play the next game and commit to them," Cooper said.

Johnson has a groin issue. He was not part of the Wales squad during the international break despite playing 90 minutes against Newcastle on 17 March, a situation Wales manager Rob Page questioned.

Cooper said Johnson is "not back to full fitness".

Forward Taiwo Awoniyi, who has been out since January with a groin injury, and midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate, absent since November with a hamstring issue, have returned to full training.

I would start Collins over Kilman for this one, he had a good game for Ireland vs France on Monday and nearly scored a great header. Hopefully he has picked up a bit of form from that game and learnt how to cope with pressure cos this is gonna be a tense game.

I worry we are too naive in games like, and they have a couple of career cunts like Shelvey, Colback, Aurier and MGW who will look to bully us and work the crowd and the ref to their advantage.

I would start Collins over Kilman for this one, he had a good game for Ireland vs France on Monday and nearly scored a great header. Hopefully he has picked up a bit of form from that game and learnt how to cope with pressure cos this is gonna be a tense game.

I worry we are too naive in games like, and they have a couple of career cunts like Shelvey, Colback, Aurier and MGW who will look to bully us and work the crowd and the ref to their advantage.
Bit harsh to call Gibbs-White a career cunt, he's only a kid. I realise he's flavour of the month for Wolves hate but apart from the League Cup game dont remember him being particularly cultist.

Stick Bueno in my team then if he's properly ready.

I don't think Bouba can possibly be close to starting a game given his last action was in mid-December, but he would be very useful in this kind of game.

Butchers his dogs ears, did what he wanted in Covid, both tick the box for me
Covid stuff is a bit overblown imo, however didn't know about the dog ear cutting stuff, so yeah he's a cunt, I now concur.

Who wants to place bets that we next see Boubacar lined up at right fullback?

Just for once can we have a nice, comfortable win please? It's not much to ask. I'm sick of these nervy games!

Scandalous, missed the 2-2 at the City Ground in 2003 ;) the scene of one of my favourite goals from Colin Cameron.
I have as well! And it was on my birthday...

No excuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back