• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich (A) 31/10 Build-Up Thread #bogeyteam #mayaswellnotbother

MGW isn't going to be back in time for this one. Maybe for the Fulham game.

I've very surprised at the amount of changes some are suggesting. This team has won 4 from 5, and some are suggesting dropping a defender, our keeper and a forward player. All those changes would be terrible for team spirit.

N'Diaye for Saiss is a given, but talk of dropping players for minor mistakes (often one of very, very few they have made this season) is very fickle, I would hope Nuno is better than that.

I agree. Though I think we'll need to see a couple of changes but only because we've 3 games in 6 days - I wouldn't drop Ruddy but I think we might see Vinagre.

I bet poor Ronan doesn't know whether he's a CM or a forward at the minute.

He would surely be lost in a middle 2 though.

Hmm is this correct? does he always score against us?..
Qpr Pitch is bigger than ours, Burton Pitch is bigger than ours (maybe biggest in the league)
Its just the closeness of the stands that tricks the eye into this sort of thinking.

As Deutsch pointed out, 7 in 16 is a good return. Gives Batth problems too.

Have you got the stats to prove QPR's and Burton's pitches are bigger than ours? And the latter biggest in the league?! Can't find the numbers online - surely that isn't true?

I don't think Nuno will ring the changes, he won't be panicking at all. I'd expect N'Diaye and maybe Costa to start. Other than that probably the same side.

I've very surprised at the amount of changes some are suggesting. This team has won 4 from 5, and some are suggesting dropping a defender, our keeper and a forward player. All those changes would be terrible for team spirit.

N'Diaye for Saiss is a given, but talk of dropping players for minor mistakes (often one of very, very few they have made this season) is very fickle, I would hope Nuno is better than that.

Boly comes back in simply because he's an absolute Rolls Royce at this level. Don't care who we drop, if fit he plays. Simple as.

Vinagre for Douglas too, on merit currently.

Norris is pushing Ruddy all the way for that league spot and he deserves his chances after his League cup performances.

Costa or Cav doesn't make that much difference, but I felt Costa was showing signs of getting full sharpness back when he came on v QPR.

I expect:

Costa -> Cav
N'Daiye -> Saiss
Boly -> Batth

Everybody else stays the same but I think Vinagre may well be on for Douglas around the hour mark.

I expect:

Costa -> Cav
N'Daiye -> Saiss
Boly -> Batth

Everybody else stays the same but I think Vinagre may well be on for Douglas around the hour mark.

So even though Batth has out performed Miranda since his return, people still want Batth dropped?

I still think there is a bit of a vendetta against Batth.

So even though Batth has out performed Miranda since his return, people still want Batth dropped?

No, its just different people having a different interpretation as to which players are better than others and which attributes are more important in this Wolves side.

In your opinion, that might not be everyone else's?

From the games I have seen Miranda has been better, though Batth's performances compared to last season have been massively improved. I'm glad have options anyway. Hause would be in my first choice team once he gets his opportunity too.

I'd like to see a few changes at the back. Hause, Coady, Boly would be a formidable back three in this division and is arguably just as strong/stronger than Batth, Coady, Miranda.

Vinagre will start tomorrow as well. Assume he was left out of the squad at the weekend to recover ready for this trip.

Since the international break:

Villa: Everyone played well but Miranda was the best defender on the park by a distance, easily his best game
PNE: Miranda produced some seriously shocking moments and a few great challenges. Batth was fine for a while then was at fault for the first goal and a bit shaky thereafter
City: Miranda didn't play, Batth was outstanding
QPR: Not sure there was that much to choose between the two going on reports, open to interpretation whether Miranda could have done more against Smith for the winner (I'm not sure he could, Smith is a massive lump and that's his bread and butter)

I'm not bothered which one plays tbh, but I'd 100% play Boly. He's our best defender by miles.

I don't think Batth has outperformed Miranda and I think Boly - Coady - Miranda is our best backline.

I don't think Batth has outperformed Miranda and I think Boly - Coady - Miranda is our best backline.

It certainly helps Wolves build the play or retain the ball with more authority in the defensive third of the field.

It certainly helps Wolves build the play or retain the ball with more authority in the defensive third of the field.

Yep, I agree with that. As much as I like Hause and Batth I don't think they are as good on the ball as Boly and Miranda.

That's the fault of stats. Anyone passing the ball 5 yards slowly to the nearest player will have good stats.

That's the fault of stats. Anyone passing the ball 5 yards slowly to the nearest player will have good stats.

Sorry but i'm not sure how often Miranda has sent raking balls from one side of the pitch to the other? That has been Coady.

Sorry but i'm not sure how often Miranda has sent raking balls from one side of the pitch to the other? That has been Coady.

Quite a lot, I've only seen the home games but he's very good at a forward pass into Douglas/Vinagre and Jota. As much as I like Batth, to play 3 at the back we need all our CBs to be able to make attacking passes.

Back