• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich (A) 31/10 Build-Up Thread #bogeyteam #mayaswellnotbother

----------------Norris

-----Miranda---Coady---Boly

Doherty---N'Diaye--Neves---Vinagre

----Costa----Bonatini----Jota

I do wonder if we'll see Hause in for Coady soon, or if Coady is too important to our organisation these days.

----------------Norris

-----Miranda---Coady---Boly

----Costa----Bonatini----Jota

I do wonder if we'll see Hause in for Coady soon, or if Coady is too important to our organisation these days.

This team for me too...Miranda back on his strong side and Boly back in

Not sure why Costa is getting the nod at the moment... He's clearly not up to speed yet.

I worked with a Norwich season ticket holder and he reckoned that the hatred goes all the way back to the 1970's when we turned up and wrecked the city on a couple of occasions. The Muscat thing just reinforced it.

Norwich just don’t have anyone to have rivalry with apart from Ipswich, so had to invent something. It’s pretty sad to be honest... most of the norwich fans I know just think it’s the muscat tackle.

My team would be....

----------------Norris------------

----Miranda---Coady---Boly-----

------Costa----Bonatini---Jota---------

Norris has been exceptional and IMO Ruddy should save the 2nd goal for QPR, Batth was also at fault (partially) for their first goal so I would drop for the returning Boly and switch him back over to the right.

Time for Costa to shine, it is difficult coming back in with no pre-season and if memory serves it took him a little while to get going last time but we need Costa back to his best asap!

Not sure why Costa is getting the nod at the moment... He's clearly not up to speed yet.

Cav was bloody awful on Saturday, Costa needs minutes to get up to speed (although a run in the U23's would probably be better for him)

Yeh, take the piss if you like but I am nervous v Norwich. It harks back to them beating us in the playoffs when we should have gone up automatically. Recent history is one sided in their favour too. Please- dont start the mumbo jumbo debate. I would play Ruddy as its against his old team and I always feel you try that little bit harder against a side you left. Personally I would shake their hand off for a poiint and move on.

I would go with the same team that lost at QPR providing all individuals have no recovery issues. Players have to know that they will be given every chance to play themselves back into form.

Maybe one or two of the players who preformed so admirably at Manchester City should be selected for the game at Carrow Road.

The way I look at it if you have a shit record against someone it’s tie you broke it.

Cav and Bright are also hit and miss at the moment. There is only Jota who is the outstanding player in that front three, I missed out Leo as he's the central striker and Im not really counting in that wide forward roles like the for mentioned.

My team would be....

----------------Norris------------

----Miranda---Coady---Boly-----

------Costa----Bonatini---Jota---------

Norris has been exceptional and IMO Ruddy should save the 2nd goal for QPR, Batth was also at fault (partially) for their first goal so I would drop for the returning Boly and switch him back over to the right.

Time for Costa to shine, it is difficult coming back in with no pre-season and if memory serves it took him a little while to get going last time but we need Costa back to his best asap!

Fully agree with this.

Norwich winless at home in 4 games and have a mounting injury list. Oliveira likely to miss out which is handy, though Jerome always seems to score against us. Bigger pitch and a team that doesn't just hoof it forward at every opportunity (hello Ian Holloway) should suit us.

Win would be great but a point not the end of the world provided we back it up with a win v Fulham meaning 10 points from the last 5 games going into the next international break.

I would go with the same team that lost at QPR providing all individuals have no recovery issues. Players have to know that they will be given every chance to play themselves back into form.

Douglas has been poor for weeks now and it was his misplaced pass that led to QPR's winner. Vinagre deserves an extended run in the team - he's outstanding and we'd be mad not to play him.

though Jerome always seems to score against us. Bigger pitch

Hmm is this correct? does he always score against us?..
Qpr Pitch is bigger than ours, Burton Pitch is bigger than ours (maybe biggest in the league)
Its just the closeness of the stands that tricks the eye into this sort of thinking.

Costa's sharpness will come back with match time, but on Saturdays showing I really don't think he's ready for a start. Cav is definitely off the boil too, but out of the two he looked the one closer to pulling something off

He's got 7 goals in 16 appearances against us. Pity poor old Blackburn though who have faced him 10 times and he's got 9 goals.

I've very surprised at the amount of changes some are suggesting. This team has won 4 from 5, and some are suggesting dropping a defender, our keeper and a forward player. All those changes would be terrible for team spirit.

N'Diaye for Saiss is a given, but talk of dropping players for minor mistakes (often one of very, very few they have made this season) is very fickle, I would hope Nuno is better than that.

If Norris is going to be number 1 for the season, then I'd also put him in. But if we end up just switching every other game then I think that does no good. A shame for Norris who's next chance will otherwise coming in the FA Cup...(however I'd be tempted to put him in and stick with the decision for a run of games).

Also, let's have Gibbs-White in the match day 18 please. He'll be on a high wanting to impress.

I'm not sure Costa has to start, any of him, Ronan, Bright or Cav.

We may have lost at the weekend, but still nice dilemmas all over the pitch.

Back