• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Bet365 are currently going 5/1 for Raul to be first goalscorer. That seems a more than fair price to me

[emoji3539] Graham Scott will referee tonight's @premierleague game at @Wolves. He will be assisted by Daniel Cook and Richard West at Molineux. Simon Hooper will be the fourth official.

Never heard of him tbh.

13 games this season - 34 yellows and 2 reds

Pisses me off! His whole pre match message to the public is that they must expect Newcastle lose and if they don't it would be a great result and by inference, down to his outstanding management of a squad that's only for for relegation.

It's all part of building up the perception that everything is Mike Ashley's fault. If you take into consideration what Rafa spent to get out of the Championship, my bet is he's spent more still than we have, and got them in the bottom 6 fighting off relegation. Top manager...

Edit: gross spend in last 3 seasons of £133m or thereabouts. Sure, they have sold players too so net spend is much lower, but every team sells players to buy new ones, you don't keep adding players and inflating your squad. It's a misrepresentation to say he hasn't been backed, designed to cover up for the fact that he's not doing a great job.

Hopefully Almiron is on the bench for them. Looks a good player. Direct running similar to Jota with very fast feet and possibly even quicker.

That's one hell of a stat :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:
It just struck me as odd... watford are on 37, and there's a little group behind them. Chelsea & Arsenal are on 50, so there'd be a top 6, us, then the chasing pack...

Are you meeting me later to hand over Darlo's ticket LJ?

Yeah, win tonight and we are almost in a little league of our own.

City, Liverpool

3rd-6th

Wolves

8th-12th

13th-18th

Bye bye's

Tbf it's hard not to have sympathy for anyone when you're holding up Mike Ashley as the comparison

Got a little bit lucky at St James' all things considered but then we did start with a sub-optimal lineup and grew into the game once Yedlin went, and especially when Mou came on. If everyone's fit we should have enough - hopefully they've figured out what to do about Rondon this time around.

Stats seem to suggest Newcastle concede a lot towards the end of the game, which is when we typically tend to score a lot, so it might take a while.

Hopefully Almiron is on the bench for them. Looks a good player. Direct running similar to Jota with very fast feet and possibly even quicker.
He's absolutely rapid. One of those who actually seems to be faster with the ball at his feet, too.

We'll see how fast he is once Bennett and Boly have kicked lumps out of him.

Clearly not, well at least according to FIFA :)

Probably not, but I wouldn't bet money on that race!

Doubt he will start but I have no idea how good he is.

Even if he’s a world beater (I doubt it), it’s going to take a bit of time adjusting from playing in the MLS to the PL, especially when their league finished a while back

Lovely post from a Newcastle forum :jpshakehead:

"Anyone else worried about this game? This is the sort of team we drop points against, a w***** of a manager who goes on like he's a bigtime Charlie. Can't forget how they went on at SJP, and their recent form is a cause for concern. Although, we held them off with 10 men until 11th min stoppage time or whatever it was that the league added to help them win"

This one is my fave post:

"Spurs struggled to break us down, and these c***s are no better than a weakened Spurs side."

Err, we beat Spurs 3-1 at Wembley with them at full strength you mong.

"Anyone else worried about this game? This is the sort of team we drop points against, a w***** of a manager who goes on like he's a bigtime Charlie. Can't forget how they went on at SJP, and their recent form is a cause for concern. Although, we held them off with 10 men until 11th min stoppage time or whatever it was that the league added to help them win"

In fairness, he did get a bit told off by his mates.

Sarah Jessica Parker deserves everything she gets, imo.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

She does look like she's had an elbow to the nose going up for a header.

Back