• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Rafa is a fraud - I hope we thrash them tonight purely to see the look on his face in his post match interview. When it'll no doubt be the fault of the referee/the state of the pitch/the long wait to get served in The Moon/Professor Plum with a lead pipe in the drawing room/Romain Saiss/Brexit/Sky moving the game/Theon Greyjoy/the stench of Jinky's feet etc etc.

Benitez is a classless oaf and I'd love to see them go down to see what bullshit theory he comes out with for HIS failure.

Got to admire the lengths you will go to get a Jinky insult in at least once a day. Really is top work Sir

If we win tonight, we'd be the only team in the PL with a points total in the 40's.

I might finally stop being worried about us being relegated when that happens ;)

I'm not so sure. I think Rafa is doing a pretty good job. When I look down Newcastle's squad I don't see a lot of quality there at all, there are very few if any players there that i'd take here. As long as they don't go down which I don't think they will, i'm not sure there is a lot else he can do with those players.

I'm not so sure. I think Rafa is doing a pretty good job. When I look down Newcastle's squad I don't see a lot of quality there at all, there are very few if any players there that i'd take here. As long as they don't go down which I don't think they will, i'm not sure there is a lot else he can do with those players.
That's fine and I think most would agree with you.

It's folk making out that Rafa is working miracles which pisses people off.

Got to admire the lengths you will go to get a Jinky insult in at least once a day. Really is top work Sir

I've set up notifications to go off on my phone every time Langers mentions me on here, but I had to turn them off again as they were pissing me off! I know the geeky bearded fool has a lot of love for me really, so it's all good.

As for tonight - we score early and we win, IMO. Newcastle will have to come out of their shell and that will play in to our hands. I don't think anyone wants to watch 90 minutes of attack/defence, while Newcastle hope for a set piece which they can score from. I was actually watching the Spurs/Leicester game yesterday, and for an experienced, solid, mid-table side, the only threat that Leicester carried was from corners and free kicks where they could whip a cross in to the box for Harry Maguire or Jonny Evans to get their head on. It was depressing. Thankfully, we are so much better than that and at least play our football in the right way.

I would love us to smash them comprehensively tonight. A nice 3/4-0 scoreline would be perfect. Send a real message out.

You must have missed the several chances from open play Leicester had. Harvey Barnes had two gilt edges chances just on his own.

Hoping for that early goal to set us on our way, because then we can relax and our superior class should tell over 90 minutes. Hoping for 3-0.

You must have missed the several chances from open play Leicester had. Harvey Barnes had two gilt edges chances just on his own.

Alright Mr. Patronising! I did indeed see Barnes spurn two gilt edged chances. There's no doubt that their main tactic was to lob a ball in at set pieces for one of their big lumps to get on the end of, though.

Jinks must have been watching an old Spurs v Leicester game.

To be fair, I've just looked at the stats and apparently Leicester had 20 shots (WTF!). I wonder how many of their 'shots' were headers from corners or set pieces, mind? :icon_lol:

That's fine and I think most would agree with you.

It's folk making out that Rafa is working miracles which pisses people off.

Pisses me off! His whole pre match message to the public is that they must expect Newcastle lose and if they don't it would be a great result and by inference, down to his outstanding management of a squad that's only for for relegation.

The guy who's team was good enough to win the champions league but didnt win the league in 6 attempts.

Expecting some proper bus parking from Newcastle tonight and if we don't score early this will be tight, probably just the one goal in it. Reckon 0-0 or 1-0 Wolves.

'Wolves have lost all four of their Premier League games played on a Monday, last winning such a top-flight match in May 1984 (1-0 vs Leicester)."

Paging Cyber...

[emoji3539] Graham Scott will referee tonight's @premierleague game at @Wolves. He will be assisted by Daniel Cook and Richard West at Molineux. Simon Hooper will be the fourth official.

Never heard of him tbh.

Back