• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

We went for warm weather training last season (after losing to Forest perhaps?) and my sense is we followed it up with some really good results. Is this right or am I projecting wishful thinking into my memory?!
We won 3 in a row after the warm weather training

Going to get Quirk's ticket so will be there tomorrow. Are people going to be at the London?

Will expect to be in town by approx 4pm, but need to check into the Brittania so could be nearer 5 pm by the time I reach the London

Are you checking in or moving in?

Another straight to the game for me by the look of it.

Alright lads, Geordie in peace.

Well, it's all going pretty well for you this year isn't it? Good players, entertaining football, safety assured and a good foundation to push on from.

We're a few wins away from safety ourselves and it's a shame that that is the limit of our owner's ambition. Almiron's signing is a surprise, he's the kind of player we've been crying out for for years. The worry is that he doesn't adapt, how often have we seen players tear up their respective leagues then fail to reproduce it in the Premier League.

We're solid defensively but I reckon you'll breach that. Going to have to score at least twice if we want to win the game, not something we're particularly good at.

How do you lot react to the suggestions that there's something dodgy about your transfer dealings?

Good luck for the rest of the season, and hopefully see you next time round.

It may look dodgy from the outside, but there is nothing dodgy about it.

The owner (Sort of) had the foresight to buy into the company of the best agent in the World, which means we have the benefit of him working for us rather than just making money out of us.

The only thing dodgy is the PL with their FFP and sustainability which protects the big six and makes it difficult for any recently promoted club being able to break into it.

It may look dodgy from the outside, but there is nothing dodgy about it.

The owner (Sort of) had the foresight to buy into the company of the best agent in the World, which means we have the benefit of him working for us rather than just making money out of us.

The only thing dodgy is the PL with their FFP and sustainability which protects the big six and makes it difficult for any recently promoted club being able to break into it.

Promoted or not, look at Everton, been trying for years and years! The amount any of the top six can fork out is almost hilarious.

Promoted or not, look at Everton, been trying for years and years! The amount any of the top six can fork out is almost hilarious.

The point is though, Everton have the flexibility to do so, where we are limited in what we can do.

Everton should make it 7 with the amount they have spent, but it’s been badly done.

Yeah the yearly wage increase of £7m is the biggest scam. Stops you buying top players for a few years.

The point is though, Everton have the flexibility to do so, where we are limited in what we can do.

Everton should make it 7 with the amount they have spent, but it’s been badly done.

Yes, I used them as an example. They've been established for years, but breaking into those top 6 is very hard even with good spending, the FFP limitations is a liability more than a blessing, which fits right into the status quo anyway.

Newcastle tend to go very defensive away from home and hope to sneak a goal on the counter. I honestly don't understand why the fans rave about Rafa when he constantly delivers some of the most boring, limited ambition football in the PL. I'd rather watch Cardiff than Newcastle.

That being said they have proven to be tough to break down in recent weeks so I wouldn't be surprised by a fairly dull 1-1 draw. Which all the Newcastle fans in my local have said they'd happily take.

Been very surprised at the medias take on this game. Martin Tyler said if Newcastle win it will be like Rafa pulling a rabbit out of a hat and other places saying a Newcastle win would be a shock

Now, we should be favourites to win, based on form and poisition, but a shock win... I think not. The media seem to love to big up Rafa as some sort of genius who has got a team with on a par with Macclesfield into the Prem. Such a load of bollocks

Back