• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

just rang the garage where i usually bok in my car for a service and mot. wanted to book in for 4 weeks time, as am mega busy at work, and have a weeks holiday coming up.
guy who answered tells me he is shit at booking things in, so instead asked me to call back on the monday or tuesday of the week I want it booked in.

this does not sound like an organised service. what kinda place is incapable of making/taking a simple booking FFS? & if you can't accept a booking, why should I trust you with my brakes etc?

When I worked in mid wales, shambles was used all the time if you didnā€™t know the newest gossip, broke anything, late, or pretty much everything.
Up there with ā€œ Iā€™m doing it now in a minuteā€ as a reply when you asked somebody to do something.

*furiously scribbles a reminder to use "doing it now in a minute"*

One of my better friends at work, who I thought had survived the layoffs from Monday, received his notice today.

How am I supposed to produce anything in an environment like this?

FFS. Some young girl just reversed into my car just before 9pm, after going up my road the wrong way (I live at the end of a one way section) then panicking and trying to reverse back out. Her friends were supposed to be directing her and she didn't spot the two huge 'No Entry' signs apparently.

The arch liner is fouling the rear wheel with the boot substructure almost touching it, meaning I can't even drive it other than to shift it along somewhere safer. Hers was just driveable of course as hers wasn't quite touching her wheel. Typical.

And she's only had her insurance 2 days after passing in December šŸ™„

She was really apologetic and was in tears at one point. She said "I'm terrible at reversing".... I was like, yeah no shit. Fuzz were called and she at least passed the breathalyser with zero. And she's insured so it'll all get sorted. But still, FFS!

IMG-20230527-WA0008.jpg

ā€œTerrible at reversingā€? In the age of backup cameras?

Ouch! Looks like a Tesla so probably not a cheap fix !
Yeah she asked me if the repair would cost less than going through insurance. I told her no chance. She pays Ā£3k per year already so would imagine she'd be looking at a substantial increase too.

3k on a 14 plate corsa. Wowzers.

But then things like this happen so itā€™s too cheap!

Back