• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I also never trust unlabelled sauces in a cafe - pretty much guaranteed to be the cheapest shit available and totally grim. I'd rather go without.
I hate cafe sauces too. Same with pubs that do food after pool/snooker matches. It's always the cheapest cash and carry rubbish that tastes shite.

I hate those sachets in cafes/pubs, perforations to see where to tear with greasy fingers just to squeeze a miniscule amount out then need another several of the things to cover the chips

It certainly is. I’m not really a fan. Only time I like marmite is the way it used as a flavouring on twiglets. Nephews and nieces seem to demolish the stuff though

When I was a kid, back in 1950 something, Ketchup didn't exist.
It was HP Sauce, sometimes lazily called Brown Sauce and Tomato Sauce.
The name Ketchup came later when the Americans got a grip on the industry.
I'm almost certain it's exactly the same product.

Heinz launced ketchup in the UK in 1886...

I was a kid in the 50s and 'ketchup' was available.

One of the great catastrophes of the Second World War (along with all the people dying, of course) is that it was basically impossible to get ketchup into the UK for about 10 years, so salad cream came to the fore and it's still there now stinking up the joint, with its consistency, colour and taste of budget wallpaper paste.

I'm with T Dan, Salad cream has its place - its great on a cheese sandwich for example.

We only have own brand sauces these days, no Heinz or Daddies for us.

For me, Lidl’s ‘Batts’ range of sauces are the best of the cheapo brands - their brown sauce and their salad cream are both really nice.

It should be called Hitler Sauce as it was all his fault. Let's see how well it does in sales then.

On cheese?! Boak.

We only have own brand sauces these days, no Heinz or Daddies for us.

For me, Lidl’s ‘Batts’ range of sauces are the best of the cheapo brands - their brown sauce and their salad cream are both really nice.
Brown sauce is probably the last brand clinging on in our house.

Salad Cream is just another sauce amongst plenty of others. And essentially just a sweet, tangy mayo.

Sweet? It's got a fuck ton of vinegar in it :D

Back