• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deutsch Wolf strangely quiet on Bosz, not sure if that's good or bad?

I, myself am not offering an opinion due to being totally ignorant about any of the contenders. I`m not too keen on having Nuno back but if I had to make a choice it would be Nuno over the other guys due to knowing a bit about him. Oh, I offered an opinion. I hope Jeff isn`t clutching at straws, though it is starting to look to be the case.

I hope Jeff isn`t clutching at straws, though it is starting to look to be the case.
Said yesterday what they are actually doing right now is the correct way of doing it. Just they should have started this process at the same time as talking to JL. Wasted nearly 2 weeks and that has dropped us into a spell of 3 games in a week with no manager. Got away with 1 of those so far and they need to get away with another one as well as presume whoever it is, won't properly take charge until after the Leicester game

I would be offering a one year deal (with a review thereafter) to whoever and in the meantime be interviewing for a DoF.
In that situation Beale seems the best option to me and possibly more likely to accept those terms
But I'm not doing the employing so my opinion doesn't amount to a whole heap of beans 🙂

Go on then, what have you seen of his methods?

And if you knew all about him and thought he was a good coach why didn't you suggest him earlier?

You know you're talking bubbles, c'mon Lizzy just admit it 😁
Pointless conversation because whatever I say, you’ll scoff at. I don’t know loads about him, FYI. He came on my radar when Ajax had a run to the Europa league final and ultimately lost to Utd. But I thought they were a decent side who played good football. I also read about him at the time he was sacked by Dortmund and thought that was a surprise as from what I’d seen/read before, he had a pretty good track record. Haven’t paid much attention since then - I’m hardly an expert and don’t claim to be. I’d never heard of Beale until the rumours came out a day or so ago, so hardly have a track record of claiming I know everyone we’ve been linked to.

My main point was, there was quite a backlash of negativity on SM towards Bosz, but it’s from people who have no idea who he is.

To reiterate; my top choice would be Nuno but I don’t think that’s going to happen, unfortunately.

Reactions: b3h
Beale is the only one I've heard of to any degree, but the list is encouraging in its unpredictability (for us).

Maybe sounds too simplistic, but I feel initially we just need someone with talent who has a clear plan and can get players onside (at least for the first stage of moving as far away from the relegation mix as possible)

I would be offering a one year deal (with a review thereafter) to whoever and in the meantime be interviewing for a DoF.
In that situation Beale seems the best option to me and possibly more likely to accept those terms
But I'm not doing the employing so my opinion doesn't amount to a whole heap of beans 🙂
Can't see you getting any manager in work to agree to a 1 year contract. 1 year rolling maybe.

Agreed, I probably meant 1 year rolling. In my mind amounts to the same thing really, but You've phrased it correctly.
Can't see you getting any manager in work to agree to a 1 year contract. 1 year rolling maybe.

Told Nuno not considered now, club want a certain style of play after all the recent investment in young technical players.
I heard the same this morning.

(Nuno, not the playing style)

Last edited:
Oooh interesting, it sounds like we have an insight of what the clubs vision is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back