• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at the massive negative overreaction towards the Bosz news. He’s a good manager.

Everyone will point to his time at Dortmund (where it didn’t go well) whilst blissfully ignoring all the good stuff.

He got Vitesse competing towards the top of the Eredivisie.

At Tel Aviv he was undefeated in 19 games.

Took Ajax to the Europa league final.

Qualified for the champions league with Leverkusen.

Dortmund is the obvious blot on what’s otherwise a fairly decent CV. But he would bring a wealth of experience and the bloke plays attacking football (sometimes to the detriment of the team in a defensive way, which is why Dortmund went south quickly). I’m unsure whether his high press, attacking style will work with this squad, but it might be exciting to find out.

Plus the Wolves media team get to make some witty “new Bosz” pun. Win win.
Come on Jinky, you'd never heard of Bosz until yesterday and know fuck all of his coaching abilities other than what you've googled like the rest of us.

You've no idea if he's a good coach or not. None of us do.

If it is genuinely one of those 3 then I'd rather take a punt on one of the younger guys. Barry excites me more, but it could be an absolute car crash very quickly, so one hell of a risk
I am

1) Beale
2) Lacazette's mate
3) Barry

I'll be honest and say that is because I have had more chance to read up on Beale than the other 2...

Every one of the 3 is a huge gamble for different reasons

Last edited:
To be honest, I’d never heard of any of the 3 before this week so have no clue/preference as to who it should be.

If any of them can get us to score some goals and win some matches then I’m all in.

Beale for me. Only because I don't know anything about the other 2.

Is Nuno all but dead in the water now?
If the 3 B's are the final 3 then yes which means it fell down because

a) He doesn't want to come home
b) His club has put a silly fee on him and we won't pay it
c) Jorge was doing things without Jeff asking
d) He hated having a meeting in a toilet at M&C last week

Come on Jinky, you'd never heard of Bosz until yesterday and know fuck all of his coaching abilities other than what you've googled like the rest of us.

You've no idea if he's a good coach or not. None of us do.
Aka, Johnny doesn’t know anything about him so no one else is allowed to have heard of him.

🙄

The only reason I favour Beale over Bosz is, one seems to be on an upward trajectory in his career and the other going the other way.
I know coaches don't last long these days but 5 jobs in 6 years is a bit alarming to me.

I must be so insular, I haven't heard of most of these candidates, I need to get out more :)

I feel like the Nuno thing hitting the press like it did may well have been from the Nuno side rather than a leak by the club.
You're probably right on that one, it does sound more like the noise was coming from his camp rather than Wolves

Personally I would have Nuno back in a heartbeat, he was one of the few coaches I actually felt overachieved in his time with us.

The fact I know bugger all about European (and English) coaches is neither here nor there (I promise) I also see anyone else we are looking at will have some baggage and be a risk of sorts

Aka, Johnny doesn’t know anything about him so no one else is allowed to have heard of him.

🙄
Go on then, what have you seen of his methods?

And if you knew all about him and thought he was a good coach why didn't you suggest him earlier?

You know you're talking bubbles, c'mon Lizzy just admit it 😁

What does the article say? I click on the link and it instantly diverts me to a different part of the E&S site
He (Bosz) is joined on the shortlist by QPR boss Michael Beale, who is highly thought of but is yet to be approached, and former boss Nuno Espírito Santo.
Conversations have been held with Nuno’s representatives, however it is understood he is not the leading candidate.

I must be so insular, I haven't heard of most of these candidates, I need to get out more :)
On the contrary, I'd suggest that people who know loads about random world football coaches need to get out more😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back