• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can answer his bit about style though

On Lopetegui guided by Mendes and after that didn't work out went our own way and decided we definatley want something different to what we have been watching for 2 years or so

Bosz wouldn’t be my preference but I’m not having ”too many jobs in too few years” as a criticism. Since Klopp left Dortmund they’ve burned through coaches

Inexperienced in the extreme and I'll admit to not knowing much/anything about Beale and Barry, but from what I've now read they would excite me as to what they could achieve. I don't though think either would be a long term appointment as they'll either quickly fail to get international players onside or will be successful and move on. Both, if they were offered/took the job. are clearly keen to progress and are highly rated in the game. A good season at Wolves would place their stock at an extremely high level. I'd take that!

Bosz is one of those Hector Cuper/Claudio Ranieri types from 20 years ago who regularly pick up high profile jobs and do so because they obviously have good qualities...but they're also probably a rung short of the quality required and end up leaving when they haven't won anything/enough.

It's fast, attacking football that leaves his teams vulnerable to the counter - you typically get plenty of goals at both ends. When it goes wrong it goes wrong quickly and sharply. Like a lot of Dutch managers, he's very self-confident and forthright which doesn't always go down well.

He's a good manager, I think he'd be an interesting addition to the Premier League, I'm not convinced we have all the players to make it work right now but we are of course inching closer to January, who knows what we have planned.

Inexperienced in the extreme and I'll admit to not knowing much/anything about Beale and Barry, but from what I've now read they would excite me as to what they could achieve. I don't though think either would be a long term appointment as they'll either quickly fail to get international players onside or will be successful and move on. Both, if they were offered/took the job. are clearly keen to progress and are highly rated in the game. A good season at Wolves would place their stock at an extremely high level. I'd take that!
I dream of having a manager that does well enough to be in demand by other clubs. I can see it with Beale but not Bosz who sounds a dreadful fit for our squad. Undo the generally acceptable defence and we’ll go down. We need a manager who can improve our forward play whilst not significantly undermining the defence.

I dream of having a manager that does well enough to be in demand by other clubs. I can see it with Beale but not Bosz who sounds a dreadful fit for our squad. Undo the generally acceptable defence and we’ll go down. We need a manager who can improve our forward play whilst not significantly undermining the defence.
and with that Jeff thinks Bosz it is then!

I am blindly ignoring this and following the positive info from Jinky instead
I mean, I literally said his style is open at the back (which is why he failed at Dortmund) but exciting going forward, but you do you 🤷‍♂️

Very hard to see who the preferred candidate is at this point - if there even is one .

We've spoken to Nuno , Rob Edwards , Beale , Bosz , Barry has got a mention as well . At present it just looks as if the club wants to be seen to be carrying out the process , lest they be accused of not doing so seriously .
I just have this nagging suspicion that they are hoping that Davis and co will somehow get enough points from the remaining 5 league fixtures to tide us over until they look again in November / December , when others might make themselves available .

Very hard to see who the preferred candidate is at this point - if there even is one .

We've spoken to Nuno , Rob Edwards , Beale , Bosz , Barry has got a mention as well . At present it just looks as if the club wants to be seen to be carrying out the process , lest they be accused of not doing so seriously .
I just have this nagging suspicion that they are hoping that Davis and co will somehow get enough points from the remaining 5 league fixtures to tide us over until they look again in November / December , when others might make themselves available .
Right now I would say that is just some internal flapping from yourself and looking at the worst case scenario. From the latest reports the plan is to announce one of the 3 by the end of the week.

If we get into next week and its not looking close, then ramp up that flapping as Jeff is doing what you fear.

I'd rather have Brendan Rodgers over someone like Bosz. He can still coach attacking football but isn't defensively naive.

I wouldn't call Bosz "defensively naive" at all. Just the style of play doesn't lend itself to many 1-0 wins.

I wouldn't call Bosz "defensively naive" at all. Just the style of play doesn't lend itself to many 1-0 wins.
So if you were doing a scale where 0 was Lageball and 10 was Bielsaball where would Bosz fall?

7 or 8 maybe?

A lot of it is what people have been asking for, and why they didn't want Lopetegui (of course because he's turned us down, he's now the Spanish Fergie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back