• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam has confirmed that Sellars is 'involved' on matchdays and communicating with the bench

Not sure what to say other than failing upwards (seems a lot of that going around)
There was an article out a week or so ago (can't remember where) that stated that Sellars was involved after Lage went, so not really a shock.

Presume the desire to bring in Edwards or someone is to put him back in his office.

You would have thought they’d have at least made an approach to the likes of Poch and Tuchel and given them the chance to say, “are you taking the piss?”.

You would have thought they’d have at least made an approach to the likes of Poch and Tuchel and given them the chance to say, “are you taking the piss?”.
Tuchel has turned down a couple of Prem Clubs...and probably had a missed call and a now deleted voicemail from us

2 PL teams did to Tuchel, you'd have to presume we were 1

Why? He is shit and far more interested in rally driving than football management these days

Liam has confirmed that Sellars is 'involved' on matchdays and communicating with the bench

Not sure what to say other than failing upwards (seems a lot of that going around)
My god this is depressing. The yes man gets a voice. We're fucking doomed.

Another interesting point of note from that interview - Keen reckons the statement about 'no outstanding candidates' actually meant 'no outstanding candidates after everyone who we wanted turned us down' but then goes on to say Beale was a done deal and Wolves were surprised and hurt that he supposedly went back on his word.

As much as I admire Beale, not just for his recent career trajectory (although I wouldn't have wanted him here) but also his rampant self promotion (how does he get time to coach with all these 'Beale's coaching philosophy' videos and podcasts?!) to make up for lost time and accelerate his profile into the public eye, I'd struggle to see how that comment from Shi isn't a petulant dig at Beale, further strengthening my view that the statement Shi put out is steaming horse shit.

Plenty of good candidates, maybe not truly outstanding, but it's a statement that once again shifts the blame with zero transparency or honesty. Fuck Shi and fuck Sellars

On a similar note, this from Johnny Phillips

The lack of an “outstanding candidate”, in the chairman’s words, only rings true when followed by “in our price range” or “willing to take the job”.
I am literally dumbfounded by the incompetence and the spin designed to excuse it.

Every hour that Jeff is in charge is an hour closer to Preston, Rotherham and Hull.

Why? He is shit and far more interested in rally driving than football management these days
Well he's clearly not if he's "very interested" in Veeela.

Also, with the exception of Marseille he has a pretty decent managerial record and if you believe the reports, the Marseille players loved him. He's hardly shit.

Obvious, innit?

“Because I’ve heard of him”.
I mean, if that's all you know, I'm happy to explain to you why i think he'd be a decent option for us at the moment.

Just let me know that you're unclear about and I'll fill in the gaps 👍🏿 I understand that you're a little bit isolated over there in the US and don't necessarily have the benefit of the football understanding you can develop in a country where it's the national pastime, but I'm happy to help 😍

So if Beale (supposedly) agreed a deal then went back on his word, shouldn't everyone be angry at him rather than poor old Jeffster?

So if Beale (supposedly) agreed a deal then went back on his word, shouldn't everyone be angry at him rather than poor old Jeffster?
Nobody knows enough here. If Jeff said "by the way, you report to Mendes to find out who you'll be bringing in next year", then you could argue it's on Jeff.

You're right though, it's probably on Beale. If he did just change his mind though, I don't understand the point of anger.. He's just a guy making a decision in his best interests.

I think really the problem here is that we've been caught out without a plan B twice in two weeks.

Well he's clearly not if he's "very interested" in Veeela.

Also, with the exception of Marseille he has a pretty decent managerial record and if you believe the reports, the Marseille players loved him. He's hardly shit.
We will agree to disagree. Veela are welcome to him.

Nobody knows enough here. If Jeff said "by the way, you report to Mendes to find out who you'll be bringing in next year", then you could argue it's on Jeff.

You're right though, it's probably on Beale. If he did just change his mind though, I don't understand the point of anger.. He's just a guy making a decision in his best interests.

I think really the problem here is that we've been caught out without a plan B twice in two weeks.
Personally I doubt there was any deal agreed. Beale intimated he hadn't even spoken officially to Wolves.

I reckon it was his agent who we spoke to and sounded out, and also agreed a basic deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back