• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit/'The Collar is s**t' thread 2017/18

It has been working for one day. PHONE THEM.

so??

Why launch a website if it's not been fully tested? Why should I have to call them when I should have the option to purchase these with ease through their website?

Anyway, I managed to get my details recovered so the purchase is completed finally. Bought the Blue/grey & Black/Gold polo's.

so??

Why launch a website if it's not been fully tested? Why should I have to call them when I should have the option to purchase these with ease through their website?

Anyway, I managed to get my details recovered so the purchase is completed finally. Bought the Blue/grey & Black/Gold polo's.

Correct choice

I think you have to expect a couple of bloody early teething problems with a site you cannot live test. Phone them and then they know FFS.

Wolves want you to register and be on their records so it's not a glitch. Wolves are different to other shops as where else are you going to buy it from. So they have limited worry of losing a customer because of the effort of setting up an account or forgetting details required.

Just watched the kit 'launch' video emailed to me - hilarious

Not fussed about the shirt as was never going to buy one with the current sponsor.

Like those polo shirts though (tip to self - buy one n the right size this time!)

I think you have to expect a couple of bloody early teething problems with a site you cannot live test. Phone them and then they know FFS.

No idea why you're so cantankerous this evening, but to be clear, not allowing guest purchases is nothing to do with the new website, it's not a glitch, it's a pain in the arse tactic to get people signing up, and is an even bigger pain in the arse if you have forgotten your log in details.

As an aside, the Marketing training I do for work has a slide, with a stat about websites that allow guest purchases compared to those that don't:
Conversion rates for websites without guest purchases: 4%
Conversion rates for website with guest purchases: 16%

Most people just can't be arsed these days if they have to create an account or sign in to make a purchase.

Wolves arent like a website where loads of companies sell the stuff though so the normal rules don't apply

Little Johnny in Dublin wants a Wolves top
His mum jumps on the Wolves site to buy it
Doesn't want an account. So decides to go elsewhere
Google's to find other stores
Only option is Wolves
So spend 2 mins setting up account or have a pissed off Johnny (This forum shows one of them is BAD)
Wolves get customer account.

Wolves arent like a website where loads of companies sell the stuff though so the normal rules don't apply

Little Johnny in Dublin wants a Wolves top
His mum jumps on the Wolves site to buy it
Doesn't want an account. So decides to go elsewhere
Google's to find other stores
Only option is Wolves
So spend 2 mins setting up account or have a pissed off Johnny (This forum shows one of them is BAD)
Wolves get customer account.
Yeah I get that, it's just frustrating. I can guarantee that there are Wolves fans abroad who want some merch so they'll have a look at the site, and then back out when asked to create an account.

Won't be an issue for much longer. Fosun have started the process of properly licensing products out. I would expect the kit and training gear to be available from other outlets from next year (new contract with whoever gets the supply deal)

So you might start selling official wolves gear instead of fake furry dice Kenny ;-)

Won't be an issue for much longer. Fosun have started the process of properly licensing products out. I would expect the kit and training gear to be available from other outlets from next year (new contract with whoever gets the supply deal)

Good, I've always wondered why I can walk into JD or Champion Sports in Dublin and be able to buy a Newcastle or QPR top, but not Wolves. We've got way more fans in Ireland than both those clubs combined.

I don't see the big issue with the kit, it's really not that bad and neither is the sponsor. The yellow line isn't great but it's hardly as bad as has been made out. Will probably be the same with the away kit but hopefully a better colour than in recent years.

It's down to a backwards attitude held by a lot of clubs. Keep it in house and take all profit. Only the big clubs and Albion go down the route of properly licensing out. When they do that they make more money from selling the license to a manufacturer. They then get a % of the money made selling it to wholesalers. The kit and training is slightly different and all that is needed is an agreement for the supplier to sell it to their partners and outlets (Sports Direct, JD etc). I mean you can buy Salford City shirts in South Korea!!

They lose zero in terms of club shop sales and what they do lose in online they have already made up for it. They also open the club up to potential new fans, especially abroad.

Fosun want a global brand of Wolves. They could do it themselves via shops in various cities alongside online presence but the easy option is the licensing. They have started on that route.

I don't see the big issue with the kit, it's really not that bad and neither is the sponsor. The yellow line isn't great but it's hardly as bad as has been made out. Will probably be the same with the away kit but hopefully a better colour than in recent years.

Win a few games early on and the design of the new kit will be forgotten.

It's down to a backwards attitude held by a lot of clubs. Keep it in house and take all profit. Only the big clubs and Albion go down the route of properly licensing out. When they do that they make more money from selling the license to a manufacturer. They then get a % of the money made selling it to wholesalers. The kit and training is slightly different and all that is needed is an agreement for the supplier to sell it to their partners and outlets (Sports Direct, JD etc). I mean you can buy Salford City shirts on South Korea!!

They lose zero in terms of club shop sales and what they do lose in online they have already made up for it. They also open the club up to potential new fans, especially abroad.

Fosun want a global brand of Wolves. They could do it themselves via shops in various cities alongside online presence but the easy option is the licensing. They have started on that route.

I'm delighted to see it. It's about time, Wolves really do have a global following that's pretty unique compared to other clubs. I saw a Stoke kit on sale here before and nobody likes Stoke!

The sponsor is just a company I disapprove of so strongly I will never buy a product with their name on it. Just me. Other people's mileage will vary. But that is my stand. And I bought home and away every season, and usually kits for the kids too, so that is lost sales.

Please buy the shirt Paddy, if you dont Wolves will go bankrupt.

Back