• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit/'The Collar is s**t' thread 2017/18

Surely it's been around that mark for well over 10 years now?

Not sure, I refused to buy one when I found out how much they are actually to make and that was 15 years ago. Blatant fleecing of a captive audience and until fans stop buying the shirt completely it will not change.

The price is pretty bad, I used to import kits at one time and could get a decent quality kit (Shirt & Shorts both numbered and named) for £10 a pop. Obviously they weren't the real thing but the quality was as good (after some experimentation!), which proves that this really is capitalism at its best. I am sure there will be worse clubs out there price wise but with our rich owners seems a bit of a piss take.

This is pretty disgraceful, I know market forces are what they are but £45 for something that costs less than £5 to make and deliver is a rip off. Piss poor from Wolves.
Do Wolves set the pricing?

Sure I read on the kind of agreement we have, i.e not directly with Puma, they set the pricing and Wolves take a % per sale.

Not sure, I refused to buy one when I found out how much they are actually to make and that was 15 years ago. Blatant fleecing of a captive audience and until fans stop buying the shirt completely it will not change.

I'm fairly sure that it cost me over £40 to have the black Doritos away shirt mailed to me when I lived in Manchester, and that would have been 14 years ago now.

In fact, IIRC the 95/96 shirt (city emblem, 'Wolves' embroidered into the material - excellent shirt) was definitely north of £35. That's over 20 years ago!

1414606921383_Image_galleryImage_Wolves_v_Bradford_X_16_Fe.JPG

It was rubbish. And the collar was $#@!.

Haha.

So looking on the Wolves shop. The Money Shop logo on the shirts costs a cool tenner.... Might buy one without the sponsor for £35.

So looking on the Wolves shop. The Money Shop logo on the shirts costs a cool tenner.... Might buy one without the sponsor for £35.

Think that is just to add to the infant kits that come without it. Don't think you have an option on the adult

Sure I read on the kind of agreement we have, i.e not directly with Puma, they set the pricing and Wolves take a % per sale.

That would be a remarkably piss poor piece of business if it was the case.I know you know that retail doesn't normally work like that so I'm not sure why this would be any different.

That would be a remarkably piss poor piece of business if it was the case.

Well you know who to blame for that....but I think that is the standard contract for most teams who don't deal directly. Remember Leicester changing their deal to direct with Puma after winning the league which gave them more freedom in pricing and increased profit.

Plus £40-£45 is now the "accepted" price for a top in this country on launch. Which I think is cheaper than a lot of other nations in Europe. In Budapest a new Ujpest or Honved shirts were priced at 80Euros each

I don't doubt that Kenny and we know that price fixing is rife among st sports companies. If that percentage is anything less than 50 then I don't see the point in being with Puma, as the Puma brand isn't high profile any more and so carries no weight towards quality or design. Seems very poor to me but maybe I'm in the minority.

Only available on the junior shirt which is £35 with or without the sponsor logo

I don't doubt that Kenny and we know that price fixing is rife among st sports companies. If that percentage is anything less than 50 then I don't see the point in being with Puma, as the Puma brand isn't high profile any more and so carries no weight towards quality or design. Seems very poor to me but maybe I'm in the minority.

Got to remember we got on board with them when we were in L1. So we weren't exactly a great catch ourselves.

Something to ask at the Fans' Parliament perhaps?

New Wolves shirt £45

1987 Staw retro shirt home and away £50.

No brainer..

Just checked bank statement. Junior kit last year was £30.

Lets see what Fosun do when the contract is up.......another 12 months and in between moaning about the collar, Danny Batth launching it, Money Shop and their yellow line we can give the thumbs up or down to the new deal (when the kit will cost £50..)

Whats the story with that pointless little flap on the sleeve?

The last Wolves top I bought was this one:
de025d7f60ba12a2b50ef8aef06352d0.jpg

Still deciding if I like it more than this new one.

Back