• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (H) 20/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Hwang out for at least 2 weeks.

GON - We've had tough fixtures, more tough ones to come, but confident we can turn things around.
With how he’s played and how little he’s played so far this season the fact we didn’t sell him when we could is madness

With how he’s played and how little he’s played so far this season the fact we didn’t sell him when we could is madness
My email was too persuasive, sorry all. I hear his baking skills are still top drawer tho

Some bloke tried to kidnap him, lifted Johnstone up and did his back in, that type of abductor injury?
Picking the ball out the back of the net injury but yeah, typo

Some bloke tried to kidnap him, lifted Johnstone up and did his back in, that type of abductor injury?
Reminds me of that centre back who got stabbed in the leg and was out for 9 months with a ‘gashed leg’ according to football manager. Name escapes we

Can see why he’s reverted to a 5 at the back, but disappointed he’s gone 5-3-2. I’d have liked Forbs to start. We need his pace on the break.

Hopefully he’s playing the midfield as an actual midfield three and not some weird shit like we’ve seen so far this season.

Reminds me of that centre back who got stabbed in the leg and was out for 9 months with a ‘gashed leg’ according to football manager. Name escapes we
Callum Davenport

Why have I retained that information

Think we`ll put up a spirited effort but fall to a couple of defensive howlers, ( and ducks below the parapet ).

Can see why he’s reverted to a 5 at the back, but disappointed he’s gone 5-3-2. I’d have liked Forbs to start. We need his pace on the break.

Hopefully he’s playing the midfield as an actual midfield three and not some weird shit like we’ve seen so far this season.
Well, there is one reason why he hasn't picked Forbs and that is his defensive work isn't up to it. Bottom line, this is the line up he had to go with. I don't fancy Semedo against Doku at all and can foresee a load of trouble coming from that side of the pitch. On the other side, Ait-Nouri has to remain disciplined. It's going to be a long 2 hours... and just hope we can keep the scoreline reasonable. First City goal today, that gives them the lead, sees us bottom again. Hoping for a repeat of last season but reality is we are likely to get walloped.

3 in the middle to stifle them and hit on the break as Gomes and lemina can cover the ground. Should allow us to be more compact and stay in the game longer I guess than playing a front 3 I guess?

That being said the 3 in the middle hasn’t exactly been solid at all this year, so more theory than reality

I think it's a fallacy anyway that switching to this shape will help us defensively because we leaked goals everywhere last season.

But what it also means is that we now have Hwang, Sarabia, Forbs, R Gomes, Guedes and Bellegarde at the club, and none of them fit into this formation.

Well, there is one reason why he hasn't picked Forbs and that is his defensive work isn't up to it. Bottom line, this is the line up he had to go with. I don't fancy Semedo against Doku at all and can foresee a load of trouble coming from that side of the pitch. On the other side, Ait-Nouri has to remain disciplined. It's going to be a long 2 hours... and just hope we can keep the scoreline reasonable. First City goal today, that gives them the lead, sees us bottom again. Hoping for a repeat of last season but reality is we are likely to get walloped.
Doku never got a sniff last season against Semedo. Semedo is a good one on one defender but he's been a bit shit this season, needs to up his game, as do they all.

Doku never got a sniff last season against Semedo. Semedo is a good one on one defender but he's been a bit shit this season, needs to up his game, as do they all.
Doku is better than last season while Semedo is worse. Hope Semedo cancels him out. Can't see it based on current form.

Back