• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (H) 20/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

I can’t see anything other than us getting stuffed today, let’s hope Sa is at his very best.

COYW

I think it's a fallacy anyway that switching to this shape will help us defensively because we leaked goals everywhere last season.

But what it also means is that we now have Hwang, Sarabia, Forbs, R Gomes, Guedes and Bellegarde at the club, and none of them fit into this formation.
Have to disagree. It can't be any worse than what we have seen with a back four so far this season and in theory, it should see us close the spaces down easier. Naturally, that depends on our players having the intelligence to understand City's movement and do something about it and that's probably where this plan falls down.

Disagree with you about some of the players as Sarabia and Guedes can fit in but the others are only useful if we change it a bit in the search of a goal. As for Hwang and Bellegarde, they are shit in any formation.

Doku is better than last season while Semedo is worse. Hope Semedo cancels him out. Can't see it based on current form.
I mean that's what we're all hoping for and not just from Semedo.
I can see why Gary has gone for this team/formation, he's just mitigating and given up on getting much from the game. It's gunna be a long afternoon of us defending our 18 yard box and trying to get the odd chance on the break.
The pressure on coach and team is going to be immense for the Palace and Southampton games, don't think they're up to it.😒

Save percentage stat flashed up then,

PL Average: 69%
Johnstone 59%
Sa 42%

Semedo is already failing to pick up Doku and leaving the space behind him. All very well making darting runs forward but then he needs to get back faster than he is doing. He hardly even looks where Doku is.

Don’t give me hope you big chinned Norsk!

Very nice goal... good passes from Bueno and Semedo. Another couple before half time and a couple after will make it competitive.

Back