• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 4/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRB on so that he can fall over and let players run off him

Well, obviously we don't want that to happen, but so what if it does? Better to experiment in a game where the opponent is really trying than a soft pre-season game IMO. I expect GON will change it second half but all it will do is expose the right hand side and potentially lead to a Semedo red.

So what if does so well just turn the form tap on again next week?

This would have been hard enough 11 v 11, but having Hwang on the field is like playing with 10 players. Cunha hasn’t been much better. Both abysmal.

The big question is whether our mid season few months of looking really good was just a fluke or not. We were shit for the first 2 months and by the seasons end we'll have been shit for the last three months. Hobbs & Shi have their questions to answer in terms of transfer activity but we really don't look well coached. We're making the same mistakes now as we were in August, and thoughout the season our successes have just come down to whether individual ball carriers manage a bit of end product or not.

Hilarious. Haaland straight up the other end, 4-1.

Excellent finish, which is what he gives you.

Just let him cut on to his left foot and shoot Max why don't ya!

Foden and Haaland making us look very pedestrian. Anyway nice poachers goal Hwang.

Great banter in the pub after those goals 🤣

I've spent pretty much most of the season telling friends and family that the whole bias thing is nonsense and that the bad VAR decisions have all been due to incompetence.

BUt after that first penalty today, I find myself just losing interest in football as an even contest.

From EVERY angle, if anything it's a foul on RAN.

Carragher on Sky Sports started off by calling it a very harsh decision and then took it further and said that Foden had made the ref's mind up for him by getting in his face. The replays of the decision certainly make the decision at least questionable and back up Carragher's interpretation.

I can understand - but not forgive - the incompetence on the pitch.

Giving in to player pressure goes beyond incompetence.

That VAR did not intervene and make the ref at least go to the monitor and reconsider is apalling - yet again.

There needs to be an independent review of how VAR is conducted but there's no chance of one.

I saw my first match first game of 64/65 season. Never have I felt this kind of disconnect with how the game is run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back