• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 4/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful set up but I'm not sure we could do anything to stop City today
Precisely. Doesn't help they get 50:50 decisions in their favour but reality is they are simply far better than us.

Three flatters us. Fuck, even the nil flatters us.

You've got to be amazed at city though, they're playing against a bunch of shit but they're still working harder, pressing harder, challenging stronger. Incredible mentality.
Think the thing I've been so impressed by with them is how they just stop and hold their position when we have the ball. They know if they slow it down we'll give them a chance to win it back and when we do they all go as one.

It takes us thee passes to get the ball 20yds away from Sa they have two passes and they've covered the length of the pitch

You can't play RAN there

You can't keep playing out from the back when we blatantly can't do it
We can't do it against the teams that press us well but we have done it against lesser teams and it has led to goals for us.... not many, but we have played out from the back and created goals and opportunities. The issue is the casual nature of it. When City do it, there is a purpose to it and they play the ball to the player or just in front of the player at exactly the right weight.

Honestly I don’t feel the team deserves the negatives too much. I don’t even mind RAN at RM.
Agreed. I'm all for experimentation at this stage in the season. No problem with trying a few things especially in a game like this. Just wish our players (mainly Hwang and Cunha) would realise they can't fuck up as often as they do.

Good to see Micah Richards continuing his high standards of punditry. Claiming the last angle showed it was a penalty, when that was the angle that clearly showed that Guardiol's momentum had him clatter into RAN.
Yep, talked shit.

However he did point out the obvious that a right footed player in that position challenges differently.

Not sure you learn much playing RAN at RM against City going for the title. Experimentation is fine in pre season not against City when it could easily end up in a 6 or 7 goal batterring

Not sure you learn much playing RAN at RM against City going for the title. Experimentation is fine in pre season not against City when it could easily end up in a 6 or 7 goal batterring
Don't think there is a right way today with the players available

Well, obviously we don't want that to happen, but so what if it does? Better to experiment in a game where the opponent is really trying than a soft pre-season game IMO. I expect GON will change it second half but all it will do is expose the right hand side and potentially lead to a Semedo red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back