• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

I think at this point even the physiological boost of a new face would help.

It must be so tempting to rush Boly & Jota back in

So, if we gave Neto a Ronaldo mask, would he score 30 goals a season - worth considering.

What paddy says regarding the weeks off. The 4th round and 5th round weeks will be a blessing with the EL games (if we’re still in)

Not sure when the fifth round is with all the Europa stuff. It might even be before Espanyol, which would have been insane fixture congestion.

352 with Adama at RWB, Donck/MGW in midfield and Bennett back at CB

Is it me or does Doc look shit now?

Wing backs are so important in what we do and he just doesn't look at the races.

I suppose they all do though.

He's not up to the standards of last season. Does he better suit a 352?

Nuno's press conference "WE need signings ASAP." Adama apparently OK, Vinagre, "WE'll see"

Bit tepid second half, we look knackered to be fair the weekend off next week is just what’s needed now. Worry how much that’s taken out of them for Saturday.
People need to give Neto a break he was bought in as a player to come of the bench not starting regularly. Just needs some fine tuning.
Back 3 are starting to look a bit ropey now to think Boly returning will help that situation massively.
We need a freshen up as our last 4 performances have been very one dimensional and predictable at times.
Squad is far to small at the moment and looks a bit thread bare.

I am pretty sure the signings will happen PDQ now, especially if Uncle Jorge was there. I expect us to hopefully bite the bullet, pay a bit more and move quickly as the squad is beyond threadbare now.

I thought we played 'ok'. We at least matched them for the most part. I'd be more concerned if I were a UTD fan, considering the size and cost of their squad.
Dendoncker at fault for their goal, instead of coming to win the ball in the air, he decided to push his man out if the way and ignore the ball.
I thought Neto played well and showed a lot of promise.
Raul was nowhere, he's either knackered or he's on his way elsewhere and doesn't want to get hurt.
Don't like to see any of our players injured but Vinagre would be the least of my worries.
Ruddy our m.o.m.
Should keep his place as far as I'm concerned.
MacNanaman? What's his problem? Twat.

Can't agree that Donck was at fault when Coady and Saiss both charged over and left about 60-70 yards of space for Utd to stroll through

Think Traore might be struggling for Saturday also so I’d revert to a 3-5-2 for that one.

Can't agree that Donck was at fault when Coady and Saiss both charged over and left about 60-70 yards of space for Utd to stroll through
Nothing wrong with Dendoncker there for me either.

Coady could've been a bit stronger against Martial but then Saiss came steaming across to cover when he really didn't need to and left Mata completely unmarked. Compounded the error by overcommitting and sailing past Martial ending up as the deepest man playing Mata onside.

Absolute horror show of a goal that would have looked more at home over the park on a Sunday morning.

I think our formation is making it really difficult for us to score goals atm. We get so few forward normally, and when we do, they're all out wide as we now play with wingers instead of inside forwards. We might want to look at getting the 352 working again so Raul has someone within 20 yards of him at some point.

Well if Donk challenges for the ball (as I and possibly Coady and Saiss would expect) the problem doesn't arise.
Don't rate the lad as a defender personally.
Bennett is a far better option.

Or wind it back to Doc having to try and take on another player instead of crossing the ball in the first place.

Well if Donk challenges for the ball (as I and possibly Coady and Saiss would expect) the problem doesn't arise.
Don't rate the lad as a defender personally.
Bennett is a far better option.

Tbh nor do I, but in that situation the other 2 have got to keep some semblance of shape...shuffle across to slow the attacking players down, sure, and give time for the others to get back and cover, but don't leave the whole middle of the field open

I thought that we were solid and we’re hard to break down, although the game was very open
Yes we need to get more people in the box and have more quality in the last third, that’s been the case especially in the last 3 or 4 games
I’m probably looking through wolves tinted glasses, but we seem to be the only team that makes a mistake and it’s always punished, we don’t get cut apart by slick pass and moves or superb balls, but one bit of sloppiness and it ends in a goal
Heyho, onward and upward, however bad you feel this evening we must still have faith

I thought that we were solid and we’re hard to break down, although the game was very open
Yes we need to get more people in the box and have more quality in the last third, that’s been the case especially in the last 3 or 4 games
I’m probably looking through wolves tinted glasses, but we seem to be the only team that makes a mistake and it’s always punished, we don’t get cut apart by slick pass and moves or superb balls, but one bit of sloppiness and it ends in a goal
Heyho, onward and upward, however bad you feel this evening we must still have faith

Back