• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

Fucking hell, Alan. That's your greatest ever post.

Only got in to see the last 5 minutes. I gather VAR has screwed us again ?? Players look jaded and we desperately need additions to the team.

Haven't won this year
Looked knackered
Poor final third decision making
Poor defending for the goal

This could be a very long month.

Hey but Cutrone scored!

Fuck it. A depressingly familiar tale with a depressingly familiar outcome and another var goal chalked off.

In the europa league last 32
Better points than this time last season
Higher position than this time last season

But still....

Folks I am off to bed. I will stop being concerned when February arrives ,we are still in the Europa league and we have a bench of players any one of whom is as good as the player they replace.

Fucking hell, Alan. That's your greatest ever post.
Not sure what people have a problem with... Can we come back from a deficit? Of course. But that is not a strength of the system we play, IMO.

We turn losses into draws spectacularly, but we're bang average turning losses into wins.

What paddy says regarding the weeks off. The 4th round and 5th round weeks will be a blessing with the EL games (if we’re still in)

Is it me or does Doc look shit now?

Wing backs are so important in what we do and he just doesn't look at the races.

I suppose they all do though.

I don't think Doc is fully over his injury in pre-season. That or it really disrupted his preparation for the season, he has never quite got going despite chipping in with some important goals. I'd be tempted to play Jonny on the right and Vinagre on the left (if his hamstring hasn't completely gone) at times just to give him some time to get fully fit/in form.

The weeks off will definitely help as the season goes on but we are desperate for at least 3 signings imo because more injuries are bound to come and we blatantly need more options. Saturday is now a massive game too as it's important that we win a game and get out of this mini run.

Nuno has to have a look at tweaking things to get more bodies in the box when we are attacking.

I think at this point even the physiological boost of a new face would help.

It must be so tempting to rush Boly & Jota back in

Disappointing in the end, better side first half but completely ran out of puff and gifted away another sloppy goal which completely killed it.

Quite a few players now starting to look really ropey, touch just not sharp enough and some really poor use of the ball, Jimenez in particular. Was surprised to see Jonny virtually walked around a couple of times by Wan-Bissaka, he was barely involved going forwards either. Thought Doherty looked a bit better than recent weeks but still well below his best. Neto trying hard but never quite seems to have enough to get the better of his man consistently no matter what he tries and grows visibly frustrated when it doesn't go his way, potential but needs some polish. MGW looked quite bright when he came on, couple of nice bits of interplay around the edge of the box so hopefully an extra option at times to give others a rest.

Think some of those individual performances coupled with the absolute mess of a line up that was running around at the end shows that some numbers are needed this month. At one point it seemed like Dendoncker had gone to play centre forward with Jimenez and MGW either side of him, Doherty at centre half is something no-one should ever have to consider as an option.

Another tired performance, another shot in the foot, own worst enemies at the moment with no real scope to do anything differently.

Nuno has to have a look at tweaking things to get more bodies in the box when we are attacking.

I think this has been the case since we got promoted but especially now we've got Neto and Adama who are both capable of beating full backs and getting more balls in the box. Those crosses have to be pinpoint though with only Raul in there.

Disappointing to say the least.
We really need at least 3 bodies.

The end of the game bringing Buur for Adama was shit

Back