• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

Dale vs Toon is a better story than ours, as is Tranmere vs Watford.

But if the Beeb have the chance to show a midweek game between two top six(ish) PL teams, they'll take it.

Didn’t enjoy that. Terrible atmosphere in the ground - was like pre-Nuno, lots of moaning and groaning, gerrit forward and ffs Wolves.

Didn’t enjoy that. Terrible atmosphere in the ground - was like pre-Nuno, lots of moaning and groaning, gerrit forward and ffs Wolves.

Cup games do tend to be pretty rubbish on that count.

Early League Cup games where loads of the crowd don't even know who our players are.

United at home last season should have been a 10/10, it wasn't as there were tons of people I've never seen before, either massively pissed up or on some other substance.

As I've mentioned several times, idiots getting up and down all game, turning up late for both halves, fucking watch the match.

Or maybe I just get too easily irritated by people.

As for "worst result possible":

1) We clearly don't care about playing twice a week, if anything we are the BEST equipped team to do that, we've been doing it for nearly six months

2) I'd rather still be in the hat on Monday than knocked out like Villa, who now have a grim relegation scrap all season and nothing else. Or worse still Brighton, who probably have enough to be fairly relaxed about staying up so the rest of the campaign means...nothing

3) United have a tougher league game than us AND a local derby semi-final between now and then, so let's approach it positively

It looks like it falls between Norwich and Liverpool for United. Ouch. They can't go strong, so we have a decent opportunity.

Another point. Just been on the Caf to see some reaction. All their STHs will AUTOMATICALLY have the money deducted from their cards on Monday for the replay as paying for the replay is compulsory. That's fucking harsh, especially when you consider the dross Ole is serving up compared to what they were used to under Fergie.

Because the opposition tend to have better players going the other way than Millwall and Burton. Except maybe Villa.

Plus you look at that passage of play, it wasn't down to us building a move, it was down to Slabhead being a weakling and then Raul was away on his own. No-one was far forward enough in the first place to take up that kind of position.

I think Raul was hoping Williams would bring him down, he nearly did. Got a bit lucky there (in general he handled Adama a lot better than many established full backs).

Replied to the wrong post...

Cutrone has pissed off to Italy in a sulk, he's now in the perpetual Wolves bad signing loan cycle

It looks like it falls between Norwich and Liverpool for United. Ouch. They can't go strong, so we have a decent opportunity.

Another point. Just been on the Caf to see some reaction. All their STHs will AUTOMATICALLY have the money deducted from their cards on Monday for the replay as paying for the replay is compulsory. That's fucking harsh, especially when you consider the dross Ole is serving up compared to what they were used to under Fergie.

Ah, that's been the way there for at least a decade. Probably longer.

Ridiculous system.

Cup games do tend to be pretty rubbish on that count.

Early League Cup games where loads of the crowd don't even know who our players are.

United at home last season should have been a 10/10, it wasn't as there were tons of people I've never seen before, either massively pissed up or on some other substance.

As I've mentioned several times, idiots getting up and down all game, turning up late for both halves, fucking watch the match.

Or maybe I just get too easily irritated by people.

As for "worst result possible":

1) We clearly don't care about playing twice a week, if anything we are the BEST equipped team to do that, we've been doing it for nearly six months

2) I'd rather still be in the hat on Monday than knocked out like Villa, who now have a grim relegation scrap all season and nothing else. Or worse still Brighton, who probably have enough to be fairly relaxed about staying up so the rest of the campaign means...nothing

3) United have a tougher league game than us AND a local derby semi-final between now and then, so let's approach it positively

It was just rubbish. Group in the box behind me (which is normally Wily Boly's) spent the whole time shouting 'fucking hell wolves' 'fuck off wolves' and 'kilman you cunt'. Didn't take kindly whenI told them to pack it in since it was the family section in front of them.

Back to the game, shame BAS couldn't cope with slab head's cheating ways - I don't think he is good enough, but disappointing he didn't get a fair crack.

That was cold and dull. The only highlight was that I was sitting in front of Robert Plant.

I noticed they played Stairway as they came out. First time I've heard it at the Mol.

I stood in front of him once on third round day. We lost to Cambridge, but oh how we all laughed about Woking beating the shit.

I noticed Leicester have just started doing them as well, complete with flame throwers at the start just like ours. Must be the same system.

That was certainly a game of football. God it was grim. Oh well, move on. Got a relatively long break for us now with no game until next Saturday. Do the job against Newcastle and then beat United at OT and today will be forgotten

Got a bit lucky there (in general he handled Adama a lot better than many established full backs).

Think we missed a trick there tonight.
Adama should have handed Wiliams his arse on a plate tonight,i was expecting Traore to play on the last man and have the odd few balls over the top where realistically, he should be destroying him..... But due to fatigue i dont think we capatlised.

There were loads of Gerrit forward morons round us too. Not had them before. Thought Booz was going to rip the face off the moaning pillock behind us.

Another did make us laugh when Traore had the ball early in the second half by calling him Big T.

Brilliant.

Positives time

53 injuries over Xmas and we've only suffered a bruised Jota because he fell on his arse

We're still 7th in the league

We're still in the FA Cup and drew with man United rather than Rochdale or Tranmere or losing to lower league opposition. We can see who we draw before working out whether to bother trying to go any further

We're in the last 32 of the Europa League

Boly is nearly fit

We've got a full 7 days before our next game

Plenty of negative newcomers around us this afternoon.

Didn't think the game was that bad, seen better but seen a lot worse. Two many unforced errors first half broke our play up. Second half with the introduction of Raul we started much better, the long delay with the injury to Neves seemed to set us back. Once Moutinho came on we picked up quite well, should have won it in the end.
Neto, Vinagre and Kilman not as good today compared to recent games, guess that happens with young inexperienced players.
Think this game showed how much we miss Moutinho, we looked more composed and dangerous with him pulling the strings, an alternative/cover for him is our biggest requirement imo and it seems another striker if the rumours about Cutrone are true.

Back