• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

Bloody awful game, but I can still see us going through - Man United have the Carling Cup semi, so that's one extra game for them. But disappointed - it's a game we could and should have won. Poor game from Neto, and completely starting to lose patience with Vinagre.

Poor technique from Doherty, but last year it's still a goal without the shite new law they brought in for VAR, even though I think the ref gave it.

Bloody awful game, but I can still see us going through - Man United have the Carling Cup semi, so that's one extra game for them. But disappointed - it's a game we could and should have won. Poor game from Neto, and completely starting to lose patience with Vinagre.

Agree on Vinagre, still not there defensively. Still does stupid things he did when he first came here, he's played enough games now to not be making these same errors..frustrating player.

A serious question. Why, when Jimenez hit the woodwork, was there not a single other Wolves player in the box? Are they told to hang back to stop a counter? Happened in the first half as well with a cross from the left. In the Champ if, say, Costa crossed from the right there'd be Cav and Barry Douglas steaming in to support. Why have we stopped doing it?

Ruddy: 7 not much to do, didn't do owt wrong. Kicking was good.
Donk: 4 did a few bits of tidying up. But looks a bomb scare occasionally.
Coady: 8 A walk in the park. Great block for Rashford's shot.
Kilman: 5 Horrendously timed 'tackle' on Chong.
Doherty: 5 didn't do a lot other than the 'header'.
Vinagre: 2 absolutely hopeless going forward and got turned by Chong more than once.
Neves: 6 did a job, no more.
Saiss: 4 Ridiculous free kick to give away, which could have cost us the game.
Neto: 6 did well for 70 mins poor after that.
B.A.S.: 4 Tried hard but out of his depth tonight.
Adama: 8 the most dangerous player on the pitch.
Three subs were a step up:
Raul: 7
Moutinho: 8
Johnny: 7

A serious question. Why, when Jimenez hit the woodwork, was there not a single other Wolves player in the box? Are they told to hang back to stop a counter? Happened in the first half as well with a cross from the left. In the Champ if, say, Costa crossed from the right there'd be Cav and Barry Douglas steaming in to support. Why have we stopped doing it?

Because the opposition tend to have better players going the other way than Millwall and Burton. Except maybe Villa.

Plus you look at that passage of play, it wasn't down to us building a move, it was down to Slabhead being a weakling and then Raul was away on his own. No-one was far forward enough in the first place to take up that kind of position.

I think Raul was hoping Williams would bring him down, he nearly did. Got a bit lucky there (in general he handled Adama a lot better than many established full backs).

Because the opposition tend to have better players going the other way than Millwall and Burton. Except maybe Villa.

Plus you look at that passage of play, it wasn't down to us building a move, it was down to Slabhead being a weakling and then Raul was away on his own. No-one was far forward enough in the first place to take up that kind of position.

I take your point, but no-one at all in the box? Ah well, off to OT we go, hopefully with two or three new signings

Perhaps if Cutrones is on his way back to Italy we will have better back up for Raul coming in?

I take your point, but no-one at all in the box? Ah well, off to OT we go, hopefully with two or three new signings

None of them will be allowed to play in a replay...have to be registered for this tie.

If Cutrone is indeed off then there's a 0% chance we do it without a replacement. And I don't mean Bright or Renat Dadashov.

Don't think there was even another Wolves player in their half at the time he outmuscled Maguire, he's got at least a 10 yard head start on all his team mates and then sprints forward after the loose ball trying to take advantage of the big gap in United's defence so not a great deal of opportunity for anyone to catch up with him unfortunately.

Think plenty of other players would've looked to exploit the challenge from Williams in his situation, he was going anywhere and he'd slowed down to draw the challenge but then allowed the ball to run beyond the defender rather than step across looking for some contact. Was a similar sort of thing at some point between Traore and Matic, the former turning back towards goal and catching Matic by surprise with how quickly he moved the ball which looked to result in a bit of contact between the two or at least the opportunity to create some if the attacker wanted to.

None of them will be allowed to play in a replay...have to be registered for this tie.

If Cutrone is indeed off then there's a 0% chance we do it without a replacement. And I don't mean Bright or Renat Dadashov.

Rafa Mir then? :D

Yep I agree.
Two or three real quality additions and we can be pushing fourth place this season.
Fosun need to step up and back Nuno further.

Seriously replays are a thing of the past no one wants them, end it on the day.

Seriously replays are a thing of the past no one wants them, end it on the day.

I suppose we don't (we didn't even when we were in the Championship as we invariably had no interest in playing a proper team under Mick/Ken) but Rochdale certainly will.

United only have one free mid week in January and we just filled it.

Guaranteed we will be live on the beeb as well.

So we're looking at something like Tuesday 14th for the replay?

Back